JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Ithaca
Caliber
12 Gauge
City
Lorane
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Well-used side-by-side was somebody's favorite! All checkering on fore end and buttstock has been worn smooth from handling, and blueing is fading to "grayish" with some minor external pitting. Both bores are shiny with no pitting, no cracks and no bulges. Case -hardened receiver with engraved "flying waterfowl" is also showing it's age. Yet now that I have honestly divulged every possible negative about this venerable SxS, let's look at the positives. First, I would emphasize that there is still a lot of use remaining. There is absolutely NO slop or waggle between barrels and receiver. Walnut stock and fore end have minor dings and scratches, but there are no cracks at all, and the wood-to-metal fit is as perfect as the day this shotgun left the factory. The fore end removes easily enough, but the spring tension is impressive on a shotgun this old. Actually, all springs inside this shotgun are very strong. I say again, there is still a lot of use to be had from this shotgun. These photos do not show any close-ups of the hard-plastic butt plate, but it is present and intact, no cracks in it either. As far as chokes, the left barrel is stamped with what looks to me like the number 4, and the right barrel is marked with a 2. I'm not sure how to translate that. The extractor lifts both shells simultaneously about 1/4 inch out of the chamber.

PXL_20240409_021050418.jpg PXL_20240409_021107473.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Well-used side-by-side was somebody's favorite! All checkering on fore end and buttstock has been worn smooth from handling, and blueing is fading to "grayish" with some minor external pitting. Both bores are shiny with no pitting, no cracks and no bulges. Case -hardened receiver with engraved "flying waterfowl" is also showing it's age. Yet now that I have honestly divulged every possible negative about this venerable SxS, let's look at the positives. First, I would emphasize that there is still a lot of use remaining. There is absolutely NO slop or waggle between barrels and receiver. Walnut stock and fore end have minor dings and scratches, but there are no cracks at all, and the wood-to-metal fit is as perfect as the day this shotgun left the factory. The fore end removes easily enough, but the spring tension is impressive on a shotgun this old. Actually, all springs inside this shotgun are very strong. I say again, there is still a lot of use to be had from this shotgun. These photos do not show any close-ups of the hard-plastic butt plate, but it is present and intact, no cracks in it either. As far as chokes, the left barrel is stamped with what looks to me like the number 4, and the right barrel is marked with a 2. I'm not sure how to translate that. The extractor lifts both shells simultaneously about 1/4 inch out of the chamber.

View attachment 1860996 View attachment 1860997
Money or trade?

Does this have a year manufacturer or patient date on it usually across top of barrels

Trade. price on the shot gun was 500 give or take and the mosin is about 500 or 600 depending where you go or ask
Does this have a year manufacturer or patient date on it usually across top of barrels
Negative. Marking on top of right barrel: "Lefever Nitro Special"
On top of left barrel:
"Lefever Arms.Branch Ithaca Gun Co, Inc. Ithaca, N.Y."

I like the Ruger. Straight across trade pending mutual hands on inspection? I am not FFL., will need background check for transfer. I am just south of Eugene. Where are you?

This is a 3 hour run to me let's just ship them sight unsee you will not be disappointed in the ruger gas is expensive for both of us shipping will be cheaper than the gas your shot gun sounds like a great deal I will need a ffl to ship this too

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.