JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
has anyone here shot the HK P30L im really digging this handgun looks amazing just hearing bad things about the trigger
I bought one of the short slides (p30) a few years back; it feels great in the hand! And then I shot it; the trigger was garbage (long creep and gritty). Decided to sell it after the first mag. They may have updated since then but I wouldn't buy another.
I personally like the 320. Trigger is nice, the grip is plenty comfortable and with the night sights you can't go wrong. Picked one up for $489 NIB. Oh and Sig does have an update for the failed drop testing (it surpassed the industry standard for drop testing, the failure is quite the unlikely drop). Just my opinion.

pix528159961.jpg

...for the OP...add $5 to hit the minimum and own yourself one sweet little shooter.
Hurry, you've only got 22 hours left! :eek:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/705372468

Soooo... It's been a week now since the thread started. What did you get?

Since the OP showed interest, I also owned a P30L. It is a great gun. I never thought the trigger was as bad as others have made it out to be. And I teethed on Walther triggers, so I'm spoiled. Ended up buying a VP9 also. Then sold the P30L for a nice profit with the expectation that I was going to get another one. But after shooting the VP9 a bit, I've decided not to replace the P30L. Too many other toys to get. I like variety.

...keeping with my Ruger theme, I'd forgotten about this one...

3620.jpg

The Ruger SR22

...In particular, the model 3620 (see above picture)

This one offers a slightly longer barrel for added bullet performance. The longer barrel also offers a longer sight plane and a little more "weight forward" heft, both of which can aid accuracy.
Sights are adjustable. At .97" wide, it's a slim gun. Alloy / polymer construction keeps things light.
Probably best of all, it benefits from Ruger's rock solid QC, so you know you're getting a quality firearm.
Check's all the plus's.
...worth consideration, to say the least.

Dean

I am looking for a nice handgun i can take to the range with my buddies i am stuck between these options( PPQ,M&P 2.0,VP9,P320 and the one i want most but not sure if it outbeats the rest is an hk p30l just looks really great) any let me know what you guys have shot and what you might think would be the best choice

In my opinion, asking people what gun you should buy is about the same kind of question is asking people what women you should date/marry. No one can make that decision for you but you, so go try a bunch out, and make your decision after getting some experience with whats out there based on what you want the gun for. Some people like to have guns just for weekend trips, some like to have guns to try things with that they would never do with their daily carry, some people like to try two guns at the same time, some people like big guns, some people like small guns, some people like guns with traditional stocks / grips, some people like synthetic stocks / grips, some like to put suppressors on their guns, some people like guns they can finger the trigger really fast, some people like a harder trigger. Some people have a preference in gun color, some people care more about caliber. The possibilities are nearly endless. If you really sit down and think about what qualities of a gun are important to you when considering how you will be using it, that will help you create a guideline for the gun you end up buying. I used the internet to find my latest girlfriend, I mean gun, we are talking about guns.

:D

Soooo... It's been a week now since the thread started. What did you get?

Since the OP showed interest, I also owned a P30L. It is a great gun. I never thought the trigger was as bad as others have made it out to be. And I teethed on Walther triggers, so I'm spoiled. Ended up buying a VP9 also. Then sold the P30L for a nice profit with the expectation that I was going to get another one. But after shooting the VP9 a bit, I've decided not to replace the P30L. Too many other toys to get. I like variety.
I got the vp9

I'm a Glock guy and all my carry guns are plastic fantastics of many types. But for a range gun purchase, the 1911 would fit in that category great! I have a Range Officer in 9mm and love it! I'd never carry it, but at the range it is a tack-driving hoot! I also compete with it and the recoil is next to nothing in 9mm with 43oz of steel. Personally, I had to put a short trigger and slim grips to make it fit my hand, but the 1911 is pretty easy to work on.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads