JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The rough action was due to the Tapco triggers actually...

Interesting, that I did not know.. That action was a little rough, you are right. I used to keep the action greased to alleviate some of that. It was never a problem during live fire, only when dry firing/practice at home, it would hang up sometimes. @Boboclown So CAI no longer uses the Tapco trigger on AK's?

Interesting, that I did not know.. That action was a little rough, you are right. I used to keep the action greased to alleviate some of that. It was never a problem during live fire, only when dry firing/practice at home, it would hang up sometimes. @Boboclown So CAI no longer uses the Tapco trigger on AK's?
They no longer put Tapco in them. They now use their own RAK-1 trigger, which has a softer hammer* and better profile. It is a better trigger, has a clear crisp break, and despite being a single stage trigger it almost feels like a 2 stage trigger. Its also double hook.

*The one time soft CAI metal is good...

An RH-10 is not a bad bet, either (incidentally, also a Romanian rifle). Light pencil barrel, combo FS/GB ... The rear sight is abominable, but they are crazy easy to replace.
Overall, the RH-10 is quite wieldy, and the one I had was more accurate than that crap rear sight would allow me to be, I think.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top