JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like a wasr 10 with a wire folding stock it shall be if they make them for it lol
Wire folding stocks are made for AKs with standard (tang) trunnions. Any wire folder will work, but IMHO a Romanian wire folder looks great on a Romanian gun.

Keep in mind though, with the wire folder the cleaning kit gets stored in a mag pouch instead of the stock.

Wire folding stocks are made for AKs with standard (tang) trunnions. Any wire folder will work, but IMHO a Romanian wire folder looks great on a Romanian gun.

Keep in mind though, with the wire folder the cleaning kit gets stored in a mag pouch instead of the stock.
That's fine my main reason for wanting an AK is to have a somewhat compact rifle for in my vehicle that I know is going to be stupid reliable no matter what is thrown at it and that isn't going to break the bank... so sub 900 preferable

I'm eventually getting a draco myself, since we can conceal carry pistols in the parks I go to in my state. A truck gun, and a carry item when hiking with a pack.

Blem PSAK-47 Liberty GB2 Zhukov Rifle, Black

Got mine for $500 when it was in stock, comes back into stock frequent enough. Lifetime warranty. Folding stock for easier storage, Magpul stuff for fun accessories.

They've torture tested this online to more than 5000 rounds I believe. Might need to do your own research.
Rob Ski did... Then PSA pulled a switcharoo and had models with cast trunnions. Now they SHOULD all have billet trunnions.

Nothing like forged trunnion goodness though, IMHO.

Rob Ski did... Then PSA pulled a switcharoo and had models with cast trunnions. Now they SHOULD all have billet trunnions.

Blem PSAK-47 Liberty "MOEkov" Rifle, Black (No Cleaning Rod) - 5165448535B

In stock for $600, but without the same forend. If it breaks, send it back and get another one.

I'm not sure how the trunnions on mine were made, but I was happy with the price. Figured I've had such great experience with their AR products, their AK's couldn't be half bad.

9546A80E-6192-47B3-B348-AC90A42F2F44.png
Front trunnion is listed as billet

I have always gravitated towards milled receiver AK47s. I wasted $800 on a Century Arms C39V2 a couple of years ago only to watch the bolt slowly try to disintegrate before I had 2500 rounds through the thing. I should have spent more time reading the AK forums. Then I would have known better. Finally managed to get rid of that thing and bought an Arsenal SAM7SF from K-Var. That AK cost me a bundle, but now I have an amazing gun that will last me forever. You do get what you pay for.

So I bring to you the standard question that so many has brought before you many times... I am thinking of an AK47 or even 74 but being new to this specific style of Rifle I have no idea what to look for or what is the best Rifle for the price...

So now I come to you and ask for all of your wisdom and guidance in helping me choose... The best AK, of them all!!!

Tell me which AK rifles you think are top quality
(That being said I am looking for Best bang for the money and absolute reliability and quality out of the box annnnnddd GO!)
Hey theres a no foolin AKM-63 East German/
So I bring to you the standard question that so many has brought before you many times... I am thinking of an AK47 or even 74 but being new to this specific style of Rifle I have no idea what to look for or what is the best Rifle for the price...

So now I come to you and ask for all of your wisdom and guidance in helping me choose... The best AK, of them all!!!

Tell me which AK rifles you think are top quality
(That being said I am looking for Best bang for the money and absolute reliability and quality out of the box annnnnddd GO!)
Just noticed a rare diamond on armslist close by too. GET IT!!! 1963 STAMPED HUNGARIAN/EAST GERMAN FEG AKM-63. These are milled genuine soviet era build. Likely has new barrel assembled in USA ? Lucky someone.ARMSLIST - For Sale: 1963 HUNGARIAN AK-47 *FEG AKM STAMPED* The AK-63 is a Hungarian variant of the AKM assault rifle manufactured by the Fegyver- és Gépgyár state arms plant in Hungary. It is currently used by the Hungarian Ground Forces as its standard infantry weapon, and by most other branches of the Hungarian Defence Forces. In Hungarian service, the AK-63 replaced the AMD-65, which is nearly identical but features a modified heat shield and a vertical forward hand grip under the barrel. Although the AMD-65 had been the Hungarian service, the AKM variant was adopted by the East German Stuhrm ….

Last Edited:
I have always gravitated towards milled receiver AK47s. I wasted $800 on a Century Arms C39V2 a couple of years ago only to watch the bolt slowly try to disintegrate before I had 2500 rounds through the thing. I should have spent more time reading the AK forums. Then I would have known better. Finally managed to get rid of that thing and bought an Arsenal SAM7SF from K-Var. That AK cost me a bundle, but now I have an amazing gun that will last me forever. You do get what you pay for.
For a first AK I'd go stamped for weight tbh. A stamped receiver should last well over thousands, at least 100k on full auto if the Vegas folks are anything to go by with their wasrs.

Milled would be nice to have in addition to stamped though.

1) Determine budget for the rifle
2) Determine purpose of the rifle
3) Shop smart ...
Most American AKs built right now are crap (I.O., Century's house blend).
Recent Romanian guns are fine (WASRs ... I had trouble with my SAR), Bulgarian Arsenals are pretty good (I own two), the old Norinco and Polytech stuff is solid, there are well-converted Saigas out there, and the Vepr series of rifles are DAMN good. Also, the O-PAPs and various quality Yugo builds out there can do what you want done.
There is always the option of buying a good kit and having it built by a reputable builder (Rifle Dynamics, M-13, or Meridian Ordnance are all good choices), Doing this means you know exactly what you are getting, with the features your'e after. (Buy once, cry once).

1) Determine budget for the rifle
2) Determine purpose of the rifle
3) Shop smart ...
Most American AKs built right now are crap (I.O., Century's house blend).
Recent Romanian guns are fine (WASRs ... I had trouble with my SAR), Bulgarian Arsenals are pretty good (I own two), the old Norinco and Polytech stuff is solid, there are well-converted Saigas out there, and the Vepr series of rifles are DAMN good. Also, the O-PAPs and various quality Yugo builds out there can do what you want done.
There is always the option of buying a good kit and having it built by a reputable builder (Rifle Dynamics, M-13, or Meridian Ordnance are all good choices), Doing this means you know exactly what you are getting, with the features your'e after. (Buy once, cry once).
The new wasrs are much better than the old. Most are straight, and shouldn't have any magazine issue. I'd be willing to order them online now. The 10/63s, not so much.

I had a WASR 10/63 and maybe I just got lucky, but mine was well built, and 100% reliable. I used to shoot it offhand at 100 yards all the time with good accuracy. The Tapco Trigger was fantastic. The only thing was I had to figure out how to hold it while wearing my ears, those AK's will b* slap you if you don't hole them right. I used to get a little bruise along my lower jaw every time.

My WASR came with two mags, a mag pouch, a bayo and frog too. Not sure if Century still does that, but it was a good value for $400 at the time.

These days I have a James River AK74. I'm reluctant to admit this, because I'm more of an AR guy, but the '74 is my most accurate iron-sight rifle. The brake makes a lot of noise, other than that I consider it a near perfect gun.

Century does not give that anymore, and the new wood is crap. But with the 10/63s, the monkeys at CAI cut the magwells too wide at the start, but they eventually got it right. After that, it was just canted sights from Cugir's end. The rough action was due to the Tapco triggers actually...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top