JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello im new to the whole thred thing just so everyone knows lol. I have a question and it's probably been talked about before. But i recently ordered the kak Industries complete lower parts kit x2 minus the buffer tube directly from kak for obvious reasons the price was good pluse i got two lpks. just waiting on them to come in. Ive done some searching but i can't find anything as far as reviews go. im just wondering if anyone has had any luck or should just do a resell and buy a better lpk? Im having second thoughts since i placed the oder and payed. because i was about to oder the spikes enhanced lpk. This is going on a areo precision lower for my 566/223 7.5in ar pistol build. This is my first build as far as doing a stripped lower. Any information would be greatly appreciated

The most noticeable difference between LPKs will be the trigger. To many of us, the trigger is the single biggest improvement you can make to a rifle that's running properly to being with. You're not going to fall in love with the one in the KAK kit, but most "regular" kits have poor triggers. I don't have much experience with the Spikes Enhanced LPK. I do know that if you go with a Stag, Daniel Defense, Rock River or Bravo Company kit, they will have better triggers. I like the Bravo Company Enhanced LPK because I really like the trigger in that kit and I can usually find them for around $100. You can pay more than that just for a good trigger. Or if you want a really, really nice trigger you could go with the kits that you ordered and buy a Timney or Geissele trigger to upgrade. You'll want to research them since there are different types for different applications, and you can spend from about $120 to $300. Worth it once you've tried one though. There are lots of other triggers out there like LMT, CMMG, JP Enterprises and McCormick. Most of them felt about on par with the one from the BCM kit.

The most noticeable difference between LPKs will be the trigger. To many of us, the trigger is the single biggest improvement you can make to a rifle that's running properly to being with. You're not going to fall in love with the one in the KAK kit, but most "regular" kits have poor triggers. I don't have much experience with the Spikes Enhanced LPK. I do know that if you go with a Stag, Daniel Defense, Rock River or Bravo Company kit, they will have better triggers. I like the Bravo Company Enhanced LPK because I really like the trigger in that kit and I can usually find them for around $100. You can pay more than that just for a good trigger. Or if you want a really, really nice trigger you could go with the kits that you ordered and buy a Timney or Geissele trigger to upgrade. You'll want to research them since there are different types for different applications, and you can spend from about $120 to $300. Worth it once you've tried one though. There are lots of other triggers out there like LMT, CMMG, JP Enterprises and McCormick. Most of them felt about on par with the one from the BCM kit.
Thank you for the reply. Yes i did look into the lpk with the timmey and the others i was just trying to find the bang for the buck since this is my first lpk build. Im just hoping everything else goes in as it should. One reason why i desided on the kak was i figured if i dont like the trigger i can always swap it with a drop in. Another reason is i have the areo stripped lowerand another stripped lower. so two lpks for 108.00 shipped was a good deal to me. Just hoping its decent quality. But i do understand you get what you pay for.

Spikes LPK is good, trigger is ok for what it is. I usually just use the trigger that came in the kit and upgrade later. I still have the Spikes NiB trigger in one. I have two set up with the CMC flat triggers. Much better than mil-spec and the NiB mil-spec triggers.

Thank you for the reply. Yes i did look into the lpk with the timmey and the others i was just trying to find the bang for the buck since this is my first lpk build. Im just hoping everything else goes in as it should. One reason why i desided on the kak was i figured if i dont like the trigger i can always swap it with a drop in. Another reason is i have the areo stripped lowerand another stripped lower. so two lpks for 108.00 shipped was a good deal to me. Just hoping its decent quality. But i do understand you get what you pay for.
I think you have a good plan there. For a first build, if you get all of the parts in without breaking or scratching anything, you'll probably be very happy. After you've shot it for a while, you may want to look into upgrading the trigger and pistol grip. These to me are the fundamental upgrades that will make the gun feel higher quality.

I think you have a good plan there. For a first build, if you get all of the parts in without breaking or scratching anything, you'll probably be very happy. After you've shot it for a while, you may want to look into upgrading the trigger and pistol grip. These to me are the fundamental upgrades that will make the gun feel higher quality.

Thank you i have one ar pistol its a 10.5in with Anderson lower and was told it was a psa upper but there is no psa marks on the upper. Ive done alot to it i got it completely stock with a kak buffer tube and shockwave brace and stock forgrips here's a picture of it now

IMG_20170113_022315_346.jpg

Couldn't agree more.

Thank you i have one ar pistol its a 10.5in with Anderson lower and was told it was a psa upper but there is no psa marks on the upper. Ive done alot to it i got it completely stock with a kak buffer tube and shockwave brace and stock forgrips here's a picture of it now

View attachment 336895
I read that Aero makes the upper and lower receivers for PSA and Spikes, and a few other brands.

I have personally run four of their sets and only had an issue with one that had an extra stiff disconnect spring and it would not reset the trigger. I swapped it out as I have spare parts. I still have it and will try it again on a later project.

There springs are also black oxide coated that seems to make them a bit more rough to the touch but I do not notice it in the firearm. As stated before they are a standard trigger group with a standard feel, nothing great, nothing bad, just average.

So far no real issues that I have seen as far as functionality after a few hundred rounds.

There are some standard kits that I feel are better like Aero but they cost more and if you just want a shooter KAK works fine.

I do like their extended pistol tubes as well as the shock wave set up.

I read that Aero makes the upper and lower receivers for PSA and Spikes, and a few other brands.

Yes they do i did some research on them and they desided to cut the middle man and just put out there own the other lower im getting i don't know to much about here's a picture of that its none coated and im having it powder coated flat dessert sand

20170122_023056.jpg

View attachment 336895
Nice. You may be aware of this, but you clearly have contracted the EBR* disease and will be spending a lot more money on ARs in the future. :)

*Evil Black Rifle

I dont ever think I've had a bad lower parts kits. after having made a bunch of 80% AR lowers, I think the majority of the quality of an AR is in the upper. But it is not like the trigger wont work. It just may not be as light and crisp as a high end trigger. It will still make the rifle go bang.

Keep those kits you ordered. Use them and then swap out the trigger if you want to upgrade. but keep the parts around as spares.

The only part I ever had fail in an AR was a very cheep chinese made buffer. After about 200 rounds it started to mushroom out and bind up the spring. Look at this thing, it does not even have a pin in it. and it is solid, no weights on the inside. AND it still functioned for 200 rounds.
3WCsRCw.jpg

I dont ever think I've had a bad lower parts kits. after having made a bunch of 80% AR lowers, I think the majority of the quality of an AR is in the upper. But it is not like the trigger wont work. It just may not be as light and crisp as a high end trigger. It will still make the rifle go bang.

Keep those kits you ordered. Use them and then swap out the trigger if you want to upgrade. but keep the parts around as spares.

The only part I ever had fail in an AR was a very cheep chinese made buffer. After about 200 rounds it started to mushroom out and bind up the spring. Look at this thing, it does not even have a pin in it. and it is solid, no weights on the inside. AND it still functioned for 200 rounds.
View attachment 336954
No weight inside it? What was it, an H minus 1? :rolleyes:

There's usually only a few companies that make the parts everyone else sells. When you pay more for a regular LPK your buying a name.

I beg to differ. I have probably bought 50-ish LPK's. Pretty sure I have used all the major brand players. They vary a lot. Price does not seem to equate to quality. I bought some CMMG LPK's for $25 once, they had a fantastic trigger. (Which shocked me, I always associated CMMG with cheap). I have had very few problems but parts are not parts. There are variations in safety's, bolt catches and especially triggers

I bought a cheap Stoner brand LPK and after I ordered it I found out it doesn't get the greatest reviews. I sucked it up and installed it and have no problems. Mine didn't come with a trigger though, on purpose... because the one thing I knew I wanted was to pick out my own trigger so I got the ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger and am really happy with it. Still no problems with the Stoner LPK (but I don't shoot as much as I would like to)
Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads