JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IT is SO close to a Winchester model 25---except that the model 25 has a band around the barrel
at the front of the magazine tube. OP's does not. The 25 also has a little curve in the receiver just behind the trigger guard. OP's does not.

I'm beginning to believe it is a Noble. Possibly a model 40??

Stevens/Springfield (western field?) model 67,770........must be an early one, later ones had a steel part in the receiver cutout instead of the Brass. seems like a modification of a John Browning design they made earlier.......just looked again. The receiver cutout exposes the rear part of the action bar. It isn't a brass part, just blue worn off the bar making it look bright.

Last Edited:
Stevens/Springfield (western field?) model 67,770........must be an early one, later ones had a steel part in the receiver cutout instead of the Brass. seems like a modification of a John Browning design they made earlier.

Nope. 67 and 770 have a straight operating bar, and both have that little semi-circle dip in the receiver just behind the safety. This thing is becoming a bit of a mystery---sure looks like a
JMB design!

4940AEFF-B17A-4F86-A324-4E060E9C8FF8.jpeg
Nope. 67 and 770 have a straight operating bar, and both have that little semi-circle dip in the receiver just behind the safety. This thing is becoming a bit of a mystery---sure looks like a
JMB design!
The brakedown I found saw the same operating bar,pin arrangement and slot in the front of the receiver. The first(?) Stevens pump shotgun was a humpback gun they bought the rights to from John Browning....also with a similar looking operating bar.

The brakedown I found saw the same operating bar,pin arrangement and slot in the front of the receiver. The first(?) Stevens pump shotgun was a humpback gun they bought the rights to from John Browning....also with a similar looking operating bar.
Did you notice that the OP's gun has the safety at the front of the trigger guard and the Savage 67/770 has it at the rear?

Did you notice that the OP's gun has the safety at the front of the trigger guard and the Savage 67/770 has it at the rear?
That may have been a change they made along the way......there are too many other similarities to discount the possibility. Fun exercise.

Last Edited:
I think I found it. Savage/Stevens model 820B. Didn't even know it existed--learn something every day.

Good call Argonaut----you were on the right path! Kind of interesting that it is NOT in my 2012 Blue Book. Appears they were made from 1949-1954?

upload_2018-4-11_9-21-24.png

Last Edited:
the mystery is solved. a savage arms stevens 820b! congrats Argonaut and BillM. now how do I convince my uncle to leave me his pops' shotgun? :( 20180416_234605.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top