JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My mom is moving out here and my uncle is sending me an old shotgun and some rounds for me to "borrow" along with her, but I cannot get her to ask him what the gun is. She sent me this picture, anyone have an idea? IMG_20180409_151838593.jpg

If only it wasn't 10ft away and had more pictures :rolleyes::D

I know :rolleyes:

she's not very gun knowledgeable and is in the process of packing. I'm flying to Montana to meet her so she doesn't have to to drive the mountains in a huge uhaul, so at least I'll have something to shoot with when I'm out there!

Looks like a Winchester Model 12. :):):)
This ^^^
I looked at 500x.
The slide handle if in battery, is stopped back like a Model 12.
An Ithaca stops all the way forward on the mag tube.
The construction of the slide handle is wrong for an Ithaca.
The floor plate is wrong for an Ithaca..Ithaca has an ejection fork.

Flopping it over will tell the tale, but to me it looks like an early Winchester Model 12.

After taking everyone's analysis and suggestions into consideration and doing extensive GISing, I'm convinced the most likely candidate is a Winchester 25, as the way the slide action bar slots into the receiver looks inctedibly similar.

Mom took more photos but failed to get the other side of the receiver or top of barrel because who knows why. IMG_20180409_151853408.jpg IMG_20180409_151901484.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top