JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IT is SO close to a Winchester model 25---except that the model 25 has a band around the barrel
at the front of the magazine tube. OP's does not. The 25 also has a little curve in the receiver just behind the trigger guard. OP's does not.

I'm beginning to believe it is a Noble. Possibly a model 40??

Stevens/Springfield (western field?) model 67,770........must be an early one, later ones had a steel part in the receiver cutout instead of the Brass. seems like a modification of a John Browning design they made earlier.......just looked again. The receiver cutout exposes the rear part of the action bar. It isn't a brass part, just blue worn off the bar making it look bright.

Last Edited:
Stevens/Springfield (western field?) model 67,770........must be an early one, later ones had a steel part in the receiver cutout instead of the Brass. seems like a modification of a John Browning design they made earlier.

Nope. 67 and 770 have a straight operating bar, and both have that little semi-circle dip in the receiver just behind the safety. This thing is becoming a bit of a mystery---sure looks like a
JMB design!

4940AEFF-B17A-4F86-A324-4E060E9C8FF8.jpeg
Nope. 67 and 770 have a straight operating bar, and both have that little semi-circle dip in the receiver just behind the safety. This thing is becoming a bit of a mystery---sure looks like a
JMB design!
The brakedown I found saw the same operating bar,pin arrangement and slot in the front of the receiver. The first(?) Stevens pump shotgun was a humpback gun they bought the rights to from John Browning....also with a similar looking operating bar.

The brakedown I found saw the same operating bar,pin arrangement and slot in the front of the receiver. The first(?) Stevens pump shotgun was a humpback gun they bought the rights to from John Browning....also with a similar looking operating bar.
Did you notice that the OP's gun has the safety at the front of the trigger guard and the Savage 67/770 has it at the rear?

Did you notice that the OP's gun has the safety at the front of the trigger guard and the Savage 67/770 has it at the rear?
That may have been a change they made along the way......there are too many other similarities to discount the possibility. Fun exercise.

Last Edited:
I think I found it. Savage/Stevens model 820B. Didn't even know it existed--learn something every day.

Good call Argonaut----you were on the right path! Kind of interesting that it is NOT in my 2012 Blue Book. Appears they were made from 1949-1954?

upload_2018-4-11_9-21-24.png

Last Edited:
the mystery is solved. a savage arms stevens 820b! congrats Argonaut and BillM. now how do I convince my uncle to leave me his pops' shotgun? :( 20180416_234605.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads