JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys...so my dad dug this rifle out. Unbelievably, I didn't know (and he forgot) he had it

Remington 7mm magnum. Grandad bought new in 1962. Hunted a few times. Gave to dad who hunted a few times, then went to his 270 (which my son now owns).

Dad thinking of selling 7mm. We know nothing about it (we are die hard chukar hunters, not big game). This rifle can't have more than 40 rounds thru it. Has a leupold scope (3x9?)...finding out what it is. Has 2 boxes of ammo...

WTF model is it and what is it worth?? Thanks for reading!!

DSCN2997.JPG DSCN2998.JPG DSCN2999.JPG DSCN3001.JPG

Looks like a Remington 700 BDL.
Value between $500-$700 depending on buyer.
Make sure to slide that front sight hood rearward back into place before you loose it!

There is a two letter code on the barrel right next to the receiver. With that code you can figure out exactly when it was made. If I remember right 1962 was the first year for both the iconic model 700 AND the 7mm magnum. I'm not sure but you're rifle may bring a small premium from collectors since it is a first year rifle. Cool gun!

Looks like a Remington 700 BDL.
Value between $500-$700 depending on buyer.
Make sure to slide that front sight hood rearward back into place before you loose it!
Adding the grip cap wouldn't hurt, either.
Also, shouldn't the barrel or action on the left side be rollstamped?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top