JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning - I inherited this rifle and while I love all my firearms I have never been into 7.62x39. As my only AK my understand is this is a fairly pricey one and more valuable not shooting it more. The rifle holds no sentimental value so thinking of parting with it to fund items I would use / enjoy. It has original furniture plus Zentico forearm. I am having a hard time finding one in this configuration with the longer barrel. What kind of value are we looking at. Thank you.

F1C13917-7B8E-4295-AF48-8CE459F106DB.jpeg A29F3009-1298-4617-8D55-DB7E2E4CF6F1.jpeg 15B7C85B-3CD6-4ECA-B726-70F91F988A87.jpeg A7F206BB-D607-42C5-8FA7-D08DF3E6D46C.jpeg

The squareback side folders (non-sporters) are pretty valuable, yeah. Even more valuable with the original furniture and FCG. Even slantback sporters non-converted are fetching almost 2k these days, I'd say a squareback with side folder would bring $2500+ if you're patient.

Last Edited:
I'll give you a firm handshake for it, since you got it for free and don't want it

Kidding

It's probably worth some money but only as much as someone is willing to pay

Stock fold or is it welded in place? Does it have a bi-pod?
Put the OG furniture back on, sell the Zentico stuff separate. To the right person, $2k+ is acheivable.

Stock fold or is it welded in place? Does it have a bi-pod?
Put the OG furniture back on, sell the Zentico stuff separate. To the right person, $2k+ is acheivable.
Browsing previously sold auctions on GB, sporter VEPRs without conversion work are selling for $1600+ and converted are over $2k. Rifles like OP's are fetching $2700-$3800+ depending on condition and original parts.

Last Edited:
Thank you all for the insights. Likely won't sell because I don't want to regret it however I struggle having a firearm I shouldn't use due to value depreciation. It's a problem I am certainly not upset about!

Personally I'd be looking for 3k+. I have a slant backed receiver and comps for mine are around 2k-2500. Straight backed with a factory folder is more valuable

Thank you all for the insights. Likely won't sell because I don't want to regret it however I struggle having a firearm I shouldn't use due to value depreciation. It's a problem I am certainly not upset about!
I'll offer a couple of insights maybe will help you

First one is somewhat subjective but I'm not certain light use of an authentic imported preban AK is going to depreciate its resell value, if at all if they continue to rise in price.

Second, it doesn't sound like you need the money out of this. Much respect for wanting to keep it rather than regret it, but if you don't need the money... enjoy shooting that thing. Make it a range toy just for fun, shooting that one is an experience that not many are ever going to get even if they did have the money to buy it.

Good morning - I inherited this rifle and while I love all my firearms I have never been into 7.62x39. As my only AK my understand is this is a fairly pricey one and more valuable not shooting it more. The rifle holds no sentimental value so thinking of parting with it to fund items I would use / enjoy. It has original furniture plus Zentico forearm. I am having a hard time finding one in this configuration with the longer barrel. What kind of value are we looking at. Thank you.

View attachment 1847083 View attachment 1847084 View attachment 1847085 View attachment 1847086
We are looking at the value 'you' personally can determine from doing your 'own' research on Google/Gunbroker, which will free us up to answer the next low post, non contributing member question of 'what's a good caliber for bear'.