JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an older 870 Magnum Wingmaster I am thinking about selling as I will never bird hunt again. I'm trying to determine a fair value and age. Has a few dings but overall a very descent shotgun. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Barrel letters are DA
Full choke
Receiver numbers are 35911M

Baggerman - No alpha prefixes on Remington 870 (or 1100) serial numbers prior to 1968. So yours was built between 1950 and 1967. The M suffix denotes a 12 gauge magnum receiver; a 'regular' 2 3/4" receiver would have a V suffix. Worth? Remarms website says eleven million (!) 870s have been built, so they are not exactly rare that's for sure. Does it have a vent rib? Plain barrels were much more common then and are somewhat out of style now. Same with fixed chokes. On the other hand, plenty of folks think "older is better" when it comes to things like firearms. Good luck! In my opinion EVERYBODY should have at least one 12 gauge shotgun.

Last Edited:
Here is a pic of the 870

20230921_141650.jpg

Remington barrel letters explained.

D = September

A = several years. You need to go by other features to narrow it down.

Bruce

I can't add much other than to concur with others.... and just by external appearance (without real detail) it looks very lightly used. If the insides match the outsides... I think you would be in the upper range... $550-$600... and might go $700 to the right buyer. It's has some of the most desirable features and the white of the recoil pad seems to indicate it's been stored well.

You might pull the tube spring and give it a look. That can be one indicator of what level of upkeep it's seen over it's life.

Last Edited:
A true Wingmaster, and a magnum at that. I'm with Andy /Stomper/Yarome on value. It is a desirable gun, and any waterfowl shooter would recognize it as one of the very best ever made (even to this day) for that pursuit.

If I was a duck hunter, I'd be all over it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top