JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
White buffalo hears banging at his door. "We are here to inspect you residence for the good of the motherland! Comrade, open the door now and go get your papers!" Commie music plays on a megaphone as jack boots thump on his porch.

Someday you will need a permit and inspection before you can flush the toilet.

White buffalo hears banging at his door. "We are here to inspect you residence for the good of the motherland! Comrade, open the door now and go get your papers!" Commie music plays on a megaphone as jack boots thump on his porch.

Someday you will need a permit and inspection before you can flush the toilet.

And serial numbered toilet paper....................

I would definitely say absolutely no. No, no, no. Commit yourself to making them force their way in, if it really came down to it. The 1983 suit will look even better, with bumps, bruises, and a broken door.

They wouldn't take it that far, though, because they know they'd be absolutely outside the law.

... Snipped to Point ...
They wouldn't take it that far, though, because they know they'd be absolutely outside the law.

And just ~how~ do ~You~ know, where they will draw a line???? You speak so authoritatively, but from where is this knowledge obtained????

The OP, listening to you, would be battered, bruised, broken home.... And yet, his source for action is .... ???? .... Something you think will help ????

what will help is not Post Action law suit, but Prevention of Present Moment Action, to enter his house.

Nothing you provided will assure that occuring....

philip,
In the BoonDocks, you bring a Warrent, or you do not enter. Said Warrent, is kosher to the Constitution, that elected officials take Oath to... Maybe what is needed, is the County Lawmen, to take afirming action, against tresspassers....

Hmmm, won't do anything about the freakin junkies running rampant around here but concerned about that?
FOAD would be my responce.
I have given descriptions and plate numbers numerous time to be told " there is nothing we can do"
Sounds like they are looking for more kick backs from the scumbags.

Utterly unconstitutional.. anyone hearing the water start to boil on We the Frogs? I'm with the change your locks, tell them hell no don't even think about it

Your asking. The OP this, Correct?

following BB, its a bit hard to tell.... But then following anything BB writes is rough for anyone not in tune with liberal gibberish.

philip

I was asking the OP.. if the property owner has taken federal, state or local subsidies, then he has signed a contract to allow this and the renter has to sign such an agreement to allow it in order to rent. I never would but then I hopefully will never have to rent, again

It's called "Section 8"
As a landlord, you don't have to accept section 8 tenants.

Here is the government internet ad for it;

How Do I Apply For Section 8 Housing?

Applying for a Section 8 Housing Voucher can be a complicated thing. We've simplified the process greatly saving you hours and days of effort. To apply for your Section 8 Housing Voucher all you have to do is enter your Zip Code above and follow the easy steps and you are on your way towards having more money to enjoy for yourself and your family instead of paying it to your landlord.

How much you can get depends your family factors and where you live, but the maximum is $2200 at this point in time. The program allows tenants to only pay about 30% of their income on the rent and the remaining rent will be paid by the Section 8 Program. What this means is that if you're currently paying $1000 in rent per month once you get your housing voucher you will only pay $300 in rent and the government will pay the rest.

Before you can look for your Section 8 home you need to apply for your Section 8 Housing Voucher. Once you have your Section 8 Housing Voucher you can apply to live anywhere you want as long as the home is in an affordable and safe neighborhood. You can apply for your Section 8 Housing Voucher above by entering your Zip Code and following the easy steps

You don't have to let the inspector in.
What will happen is the City of Gresham will send the owner of record notices of non compliance.
After a certain amount of notices and time, the city will start levying fines and they will accrue monthly. Eventually a lien will be placed on the property.

I went through this same issue with an apartment building that I inherited.

Before my best friend had died of cancer, he sold all of his rental properties. The investor who bought the apartment building went bankrupt in 08.
The property then went through a forfeiture and was returned to the trust that I was named in.

What we didn't know was one of the tenants complained to the City of Portland about some mold issues and the investor who had possession of the apartments at that time, failed to repair the issues. So the city levied fines that totaled more then $1800.00. in a six month time period.
The investor also failed to pay the property taxes and fire insurance for the last three years.
The city fines and taxes had to be paid off before the title was returned to us.

You don't have to let the inspector in.
What will happen is the City of Gresham will send the owner of record notices of non compliance.
After a certain amount of notices and time, the city will start levying fines and they will accrue monthly. Eventually a lien will be placed on the property.

I went through this same issue with an apartment building that I inherited.

Before my best friend had died of cancer, he sold all of his rental properties. The investor who bought the apartment building went bankrupt in 08.
The property then went through a forfeiture and was returned to the trust that I was named in.

What we didn't know was one of the tenants complained to the City of Portland about some mold issues and the investor who had possession of the apartments at that time, failed to repair the issues. So the city levied fines that totaled more then $1800.00. in a six month time period.
The investor also failed to pay the property taxes and fire insurance for the last three years.
The city fines and taxes had to be paid off before the title was returned to us.

Cities suck.

My wife got to it today before I could.

She called the city and politely said we don't need them to come and they said Okay, that was that. She asked why they were trying to force our landlord to do the inspection and they basically said it's for our protection and that they are after bad landlords.

Also, this isn't section 8. My fil is doing us a huge favor and renting us a awesome house at a really low rate compared to what he could be getting from someone else. I hope this thread helps others in Gresham.

Just call the city when you receive the notice and tell them you don't want to participate. I still think this law is ridiculous and illegal on so many levels, I just wish I had more time to do something about it. I was wrong about the notice we do still have it. If anyone is interested I will post a copy on here so you can see it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top