JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an Uberti 1858 Remington w/a .45 Colt conversion cylinder. The Uberti specs are; bore .440
groove .458
wide .10
twist 1:18
Keeping all this in mind plus the fact the original load featured a .454-.457 136gn roundball, how should I proceed to achieve decent accuracy? I was thinking of using 265gn lead for a .455 Webley, or should I try and find a lighter bullet(150gn or so) in .454?
I would appreciate any help at all, most threads deal with powder loads and I'll go there after I figure what bullet to use.

So it came with another cylinder? What you are saying is a bit confusing.
I understand it's a "conversion" percussion revolver.. of recent manufacture and copies or is a pattern of, after a fashion, a "converted" revolver.
It's either a .45 Colt caliber or it's not.. forget about what was regarding round balls and whatnot.

I bought it as a straight .44 cap and ball made recently by Uberti. I saw advertised conversion cylinders made by Kirst that required no fitting just remove your percussion cylinder and replace with a .45 Colt cylinder that has a firing pin in front of each chamber. these are becoming quite popular as you can use "Cowboy loads up to 1000fps.
The specs I listed are for the Uberti 1858 Remington barrel which is close enough to a .45 Colt so the conversion cylinders will work in it.
I should have been more specific. I apologize.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews