JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an Uberti 1858 Remington w/a .45 Colt conversion cylinder. The Uberti specs are; bore .440
groove .458
wide .10
twist 1:18
Keeping all this in mind plus the fact the original load featured a .454-.457 136gn roundball, how should I proceed to achieve decent accuracy? I was thinking of using 265gn lead for a .455 Webley, or should I try and find a lighter bullet(150gn or so) in .454?
I would appreciate any help at all, most threads deal with powder loads and I'll go there after I figure what bullet to use.

So it came with another cylinder? What you are saying is a bit confusing.
I understand it's a "conversion" percussion revolver.. of recent manufacture and copies or is a pattern of, after a fashion, a "converted" revolver.
It's either a .45 Colt caliber or it's not.. forget about what was regarding round balls and whatnot.

I bought it as a straight .44 cap and ball made recently by Uberti. I saw advertised conversion cylinders made by Kirst that required no fitting just remove your percussion cylinder and replace with a .45 Colt cylinder that has a firing pin in front of each chamber. these are becoming quite popular as you can use "Cowboy loads up to 1000fps.
The specs I listed are for the Uberti 1858 Remington barrel which is close enough to a .45 Colt so the conversion cylinders will work in it.
I should have been more specific. I apologize.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top