JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello to everyone. I am excited to have found this site. It appears to be an active site with lots of good information to share.

I am getting myself back into firearms. I have always had a passion for them, but never owned any myself. Always used my spouses or someone elses.

After many years of being inactive all together, a friend has encouraged me to get back into it. I have done so. I have my own S&W Shield 9mm and an AR on the way. My favorite firearm has always been the Winchester 7mm Mag we have. I love that rifle.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I will be working on gaining more knowledge and experience as time goes on.

MelissaInCA

Melissa,
I'm also behind enemy lines in CA. But I'm planning to move back to Oregon in 3 or so years, hopefully sooner. The anti-gun environment in CA doesn't bode well for anyone who owns a semi-auto sport rifle, and it's more than possible Sacramento will seen to ban these rifles in the next few years. I recently got back into the hobby too, but I'm already on my 3rd rifle- it's very addicting. Stock up on that ammo now, unless you want to pay $50 just for the right to buy it in CA- most of us WILL NOT BE COMPLYING with that unjust law.

Geno

Welcome to the forum. I have a Shield 9. Its my out-of-the-house CC gun. Carries great. Takes a bit more practice to shoot well. I also have an AR-15. I've had it for a little over a year, and I'm just starting to add mods. May take all winter. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I wasn't sure how a Commiefornian would go here. The laws here stink, but I will be here for a while since my job is good and have a decent retirement built up there. After that, I will be gone so fast!

In the meanwhile I am building up my ammo and own firearm collection. So they don't just all belong to my husband. So far two of my own...it's a slippery slope. I love it

Welcome Aboard, Melissa.

And welcome to becoming a member of the AR club. What sort of AR is now legal in Cali? Having interviewed for a couple of jobs down there within the last year or so it doesn't look like ARs are going to be legal down there much longer?

Brutus Out

Brutus,
I got myself a LWRC M6IC. CA compliant. Meaning it has 10 round magazine, with bullet button. After Jan 1, it may next to impossible to get an AR in CA at the stores. With the new changes they want to add the manufacturers probably aren't going to want to invest making them for a CA only fire arm. That's why I got mine now. I wasn't necessarily looking to get one right now, but waiting wasn't helping. I just had to adjust my plans a bit. Now I am very excited to be getting it. It comes out of gun jail tomorrow.

Welcome Aboard, Glad you found us! Much good info to be found on this sight and a great bunch of folks to share with. Glad you are getting into firearms, and are getting your very own AR. Careful though, we here are only too happy to "help" you get further into this addiction of the gun!

movie-die-hard-welcome-to-the-party-pal_zpsive1manj.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top