JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes that's exactly what happen yesterday. I end up buying a 22LR hand gun. Looks very interesting and the feel is hand in glove. This should be great for indoor. The one thing I wish is atleast either or No Safety or double action trigger. Surprisingly its threaded barrel.

1698423349380.jpeg

This last few indoor shooting is really killing me. I'm not sure if its the bullet or the gun. It sounded like a C-4 blowing up in my face not to mention the gun shells are backfiring towards me. That thing is really hot especially when I'm wearing collared shirts. :s0130:
Double-up indoors. That's what I did when we shot indoors. Foam in-ear plugs and over the ear muffs. Get the electronic muffs and you'll be able to hear well. I can't say for sure, but my thinking is ultra slim muffs are not going to be as quiet and those big, thick, red clown nose, over the ear muffs.
And perhaps a different recoil spring will get that hot brass ejecting where it's suppose to?

Hi.
And thank you for the quick reply. Yes I just want dead silent on indoor target. I already have a very slight ringing from playing music and I just dont want to go beyond. I will try both plugs and cups together.So do you think that specific 3M I posted would work right together with the ear plugs?
Look at the DB rating for the cups. The "better ones" offer 32 DB rating. Any set of these along with the foam plugs will offer real good coverage indoors.

This last few indoor shooting is really killing me. I'm not sure if its the bullet or the gun. It sounded like a C-4 blowing up in my face not to mention the gun shells are backfiring towards me. That thing is really hot especially when I'm wearing collared shirts. :s0130:
When I first taught Wife to shoot she learned the hard way about hot brass. I told her to wear a T-shirt for just this reason. Couple times she did not want to and wore a normal shirt till one day a .45 case went down into her cleavage. I give her credit she did not wave the gun around as I have seen others do. She set it down FAST and then went for the brass. I laughed and said now you see why I told you wear a T-Shirt? :s0140: :s0140:

I own the Howard Leight, Walkers Razor and Peltor.

Peltor:
Most comfortable, tied for best VOX circuit. Electronics failed after about 10 years. Gel cups available and very good.

Walkers:
Tied for second most comfortable and for best VOX circuit. Electronics have held up for 3 years so far. Gel cups available and very good.
Edit: I also have the quad microphone model because I got a huge discount. The static level is higher (more mics?) and they seem to be sensitive to moisture. Would not buy the quads again.

Howard Leight:
Tied for second most comfortable. Electronics failed on one unit. It was promptly replaced, no questions asked. Customer support was in the US! Second set held up well. VOX circuit is noticeably slower to react, and sound quality is not as good. Have not looked for gel cups because they are my backup/guest ear pro. Still surprisingly good for the money. If I were to go for unamplified slim ear pro, I would buy this brand assuming there are gel cups available for them.

Last Edited:
Look at the DB rating for the cups. The "better ones" offer 32 DB rating. Any set of these along with the foam plugs will offer real good coverage indoors.
Got it.. 32 db. I'm gonna look around here and if not I'll get one in Portland since I'm going there anytime now. Thanks!

...Not My Mayor.... :(
Everytime I go to Portland its great. But no more since Wheeler-Squealer. :s0013:
When I first taught Wife to shoot she learned the hard way about hot brass. I told her to wear a T-shirt for just this reason. Couple times she did not want to and wore a normal shirt till one day a .45 case went down into her cleavage. I give her credit she did not wave the gun around as I have seen others do. She set it down FAST and then went for the brass. I laughed and said now you see why I told you wear a T-Shirt? :s0140: :s0140:
Man I have to admire you that youll even teach your wife to shoot. Nothing wrong with that. I'm my case I been with my wife 'Too-Long.' Besides were classmates since first grade, we went to some roller-coaster along the way. Especially at the time anywhere from 16 to 35 years old. The last thing I wanna wake up to is a gun in my face making me say something I use to say 20 years ago.

1698426169341.png

Last Edited:
I had a guy make me custom, molded to my ear canals plugs a few years back. Haven't regretted it; use them at the range, and also when running gas powered tools.

If I am shooting something pretty obnoxious, or at the range when someone else is, I'll throw on a pair of good muffs over the top.

My gripes with muffs were several, bulky (hitting on the stock when firing rifle, hot in the summer, etc.)

The molded plugs set me back less than $200 IIRC. More expensive than cheap plugs/muffs, but once your hearing is gone it's gone. And hearing aids aren't cheap either!

I had a guy make me custom, molded to my ear canals plugs a few years back. Haven't regretted it; use them at the range, and also when running gas powered tools.

If I am shooting something pretty obnoxious, or at the range when someone else is, I'll throw on a pair of good muffs over the top.

My gripes with muffs were several, bulky (hitting on the stock when firing rifle, hot in the summer, etc.)

The molded plugs set me back less than $200 IIRC. More expensive than cheap plugs/muffs, but once your hearing is gone it's gone. And hearing aids aren't cheap either!
What?

Are those custom made electronic? I've got such tiny ear holes that I can't ever get foam plugs in.. Soft rubber, with the little stick, worked better when doubling up. Don't shoot indoors any more so my slim muffs work okay. My hearing, after running yard equipment for 30 plus years, is still pretty good. Tinnitus is my issue, but I deal with that just fine.

What?

Are those custom made electronic? I've got such tiny ear holes that I can't ever get foam plugs in.. Soft rubber, with the little stick, worked better when doubling up. Don't shoot indoors any more so my slim muffs work okay. My hearing, after running yard equipment for 30 plus years, is still pretty good. Tinnitus is my issue, but I deal with that just fine.
No, not electronic. Just plugs. Not sure what type of material he made them out of, but there were choices on the colors. I picked bright orange so I could find them easier when I drop them.

IMG_4785.jpeg IMG_4786.jpeg

Guy was over on the east side of Portland, did it out of his house or traveled on-site to businesses with employees in an industrial setting. The whole process took about a half hour or 40 minutes, I had them when I left.

What?

I definitely agree with you in 'Tinnitus'. Its not gonna go away but learning to adopt and controlling 'the sound of silence' is the way to do it. I had mine since youth got it playing loud music. And till today I'm still big in high fidelity. I have no problem playing my stereo lower that elevator music to 95db. The inside shooting range caught me off guard. Probably a combination of a compact size gun and a 124 grain 9mm. I'mm probably gonna have to take the family and the kitty for a ride tonight at in and out burger just to relax a bit, get it off my mind, Should be a fun drive since its a bit far from my place.:s0082:

When I go to an indoor shoting range I use ear plugs and amplified gun muffler that to abount 30 DB of noise reduction. I also keep a pair of amplified gun mufflers hanging from my nightstand drawer handle if I have to get up in a emegency like someone breaking in to our home. We have an alarm that we set most of the time expect when I am doing yardwork or anything out doors.

When I go to an indoor shoting range I use ear plugs and amplified gun muffler that to abount 30 DB of noise reduction. I also keep a pair of amplified gun mufflers hanging from my nightstand drawer handle if I have to get up in a emegency like someone breaking in to our home. We have an alarm that we set most of the time expect when I am doing yardwork or anything out doors.
I was wondering in since you mention 'emergency ready'. Lets say you have a 15 round magazine and how many rounds do you load on a ready to rock 1-magazine that will sit for a long period of time?

I was wondering in since you mention 'emergency ready'. Lets say you have a 15 round magazine and how many rounds do you load on a ready to rock 1-magazine that will sit for a long period of time?
I shoot my HD magazines once a year and put fresh rounds in to them. Sometimes more frequent but there may be ammunition prices rising more then they are already so I may cut back. I do typlically shoot 9mm 124gr FMJ NATO rounds for practice. I keep at least 4 magazines load with my HD pistol. I grab two magazines and put them in pajamas pocket one on each side and one in my pistol. I keep a small flash light and also have WML but I prefer a separate light instead of using my WML.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top