JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am big into fitness, healthy eating, organic foods and a natural lifestyle; even, I support labeling GMO foods, as I think consumers should be aware of poisonous substances hidden in the food they eat. However, I am wholeheartedly against the ban on trans fat, because I do not support the government deciding what is good and bad for people to eat or consume. Even, I think people should be allowed to eat unhealthy foods if they want. My only qualms with GMO, is that of cross-contamination with non-GMO crops, so banning GMO is a whole different story, as I think it can damage our food supply. However, trans-fat foods are not harmful to our eco-systems and can be made in laboratories under controlled conditions that risk no cross-contamination. Yes, they are harmful, but people should be able to choose what they do and do not put in their bodies.

We cannot have the government decide what they think we should be able to consume and not consume. This is a free country? We should have the right to choose what we want to eat and what we don't want to eat.. We don't need Big Brother telling us what is good for us and what isn't. Don't be surprised in the next decade if Aunt Mable's Cherry Pie is illegal, because the government determined that sugary foods, like pies and cakes are detrimental to your health. It just pisses me off that we live in such a police state that we are at the mercy of a giant, corrupt, organization like the FDA to determine what we are allowed to eat and not eat.. This same organization has payouts from pharmaceutical corporations that have produced drugs that have resulted in more deaths in one year that trans-fat has probably caused. The FDA wants to ban supplements, herbs, small dairy farms, etc. This organizations wants to be able to dictate what you can and can not eat, how to medicate yourself and take away your freedom to decide how to manage your own body and health.

FDA eyes ban on trans fats due to heart disease risk - CBS News

Whole thing really sucks,
Kinda reminds me when I was against the smoking bans in bars & restaraunts
Here I was, a non-smoker who didn't think smoking was especially healthy, but
to me it was a question of Freedom, not cig smoke annoying me while dining.

For some reason I'm remembering Wells' The Time Machine... when the nonproductive, useless Eloi made it too much trouble for the Morlocks to find food, they started EATING their Eloi tormentors.

Candy bars will be next, the sweet sodas, ice cream and everything else that tastes good! They will food ban us right back to eating bushes!!

Nope, they will start regulating the bushes and you will have to get a permit to pick anything off the bush. Of course, this is done for your own protection as the FDA will have released studies showing how dangerous it could be for humans to eat things from bushes.

As obummercare is rolled out more and more stuff like this is going to happen. It will all under the guise of bringing or keeping healthcare costs down. Kiss more and more of your freedoms goodbye.

Voting is useless. The corp/government has the outcome sealed via vast amounts of resources, and if those don't succeed, outright corruption.

People simply don't care if they are being systematically poisoned. Washington votes against GMO labeling ? preliminary results ? RT USA

Pretty much leaped forward with Rumfield's Aspartame in 1983 which in just about every at a grocery store today. A wonderful, sweet tasting neurotoxin that increases appetite and breaks down into formaldehyde at body temperatures.
Here sir, have your 32 ounce drink filled with it and when you are done wash it down with two more big Macs.

America's obesity is not a random accident. Neither is cancer surpassing 1 in 4 where 100 years ago it was very rare. All diet, and yes, completely preventable.

Systematic poisoning of the herd is necessary to keep the population growths at bay. If you can't force them to get spade or wear a condom, catch them on the tail end.

Here comes Soylent Green! In which, if you'll remember, we were ingredients.
I have personally thwarted the gov on the fats and sweets front. I have already eaten my fair share.

The bottom line is we are all responsible for what we eat and as anyone who passed the 40 year mark knows, if you don't start caring, prepare to be the Goodyear Blimp.

Countless incredibly hot women I knew in the 90s have suffered that fate because they'll 'never work out', don't have to!, eat whatever they want; you know, the Jessica Simpson scenario lol.

Trans Fats are a myth perpetuated by the medical establishment. They do not raise cholesterol levels in and of themselves. It is the PROCESSED SUGAR and Carbs which does the trick. Eliminate the processed sugar and lower the carb intake and we get back to more of what our ancestors had. The British Journal of Medicine just released a study recently which confirmed this (and I've been running with this since before then for my diet). I had my lipid panel done on April 10th. On April 23rd, I started this low carb (<=120g per day) and low sugar (<=15g per day) where I ate a lot of "fatty" foods including those high in Trans Fats. On June 10th I had my lipid panel done again and the numbers dropped by over half down to normal levels. And, by the way, I have currently lost 75 lbs doing this. I still have many more pounds to go, but it is working.

Our society is hooked on Carbs and Sugar and just like those who would ban guns for the idiot who pulled the trigger, the health industry is aiming the blame at the wrong target.

As obummercare is rolled out more and more stuff like this is going to happen. It will all under the guise of bringing or keeping healthcare costs down. Kiss more and more of your freedoms goodbye.

You gotta understand..... It's for the chillldrennnn, the chillldrennn. That makes it right, right?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top