JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings everyone,

This last year I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease, which among other things is a severe gluten intolerance. Its been quite an adjustment because gluten is found in nearly everything as it is a binder/expander and thickener. Its also cheap, so they use it as a filler in all sorts of things you couldn't even imagine.
Anyway, I have a good friend that does harvesting and he mentioned that several fields he works in have all gone GMO and are owned by Monsanto. This got me thinking ( tin foil hat time) that researching Monsanto, they are heavily tied into the pharmaceutical industry as well as foods and chemicals. If you think about it, they have the opportunity to run the perfect scam. The farmers plant generically modified crops tainted with things to make us sick ( ala' Celiac, or a variety of other foodborne illnesses) which creates a market for the end consumer to have to go to the doctors and be prescribed medications developed and sold by the same company that poisoned you in the first place. Brilliant.

So, no GMO for my family...thank you very much.

Gov says GMOs, arsenic in low levels, Fluoride, Aspartame, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucratose, and Mercury in vaccines are fine for you. But vitamins are useless and bad.

Anyone who has an IQ over 75 or isn't a gov worshiper should have figured out years ago to disregard anything they say when it comes to your health.

The FDA was bought and paid for by the Pharms long ago. Go ahead, take that pill for your mood swings. Who cares that the side affects are diarrhea, seizures, cancer and death.

It is called culling the herd; dumbing down (Idiocracy; creating corporation non-thinking debt slaves); population control. Really not that hard to figure out.

GMOs are a double whammy. Poison the populace, but even better, eventually control the growth/raising of all foods and eliminate all private/small farms and ranches. He who controls all the food controls it all. Who cares that GMOs cause huge tumors in rats? Not the throngs at your neighborhood Safeway. http://www.motherearthnews.com/natural-health/gmo-safety-zmgz13amzsto.aspx#axzz2nlxzNNjJ

Simon - this would be a good cereal for you. Won't taste like fruit loops, but nothing healthy ever does -- Enjoy Life, Perky's Crunchy Flax Cereal, 10-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Notazombie - like cancer 100 years ago? As rare as hen's teeth, now better than 1 in 4. Why? Because they've purposefully taken out of our foods the nutrition that combats cancer.
(watch 'World Without Cancer' by G. Edward Griffin).

The only person in this world looking out for you is YOU.

I feel for ya simon99,
I have been 100% lactose intolerant for a few years now. I have unwittingly found that some medicines even use lactose to bind the ingrediants in their pills & even tho it is a very tiny amount I will get sick from it. I noticed that wal-mart currently has a shelf of non-gluten foods and I even found a bag of fake chocolate chips without lactose-of course they look like plastic and bake like plastic too, but they are among the first chocolate flavored item I have tasted in years that taste good. Good luck working with your illness & I hope you don't wind up eating the same thing every day

Eat Primal my friends, Fresh Organic Fruit and Vegetables, Pastured Beef, Foul, Lamb and Pork only; nothing grain fed or finished. Eggs from pastured chickens only. Dairy from pastured cows.

No Grains, and occasional potato, I understand sweet potatoes are OK, Rice occasionally, Walnuts and Almonds, Hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts and Cashews. Cook in coconut oil, and only Lard or Bacon Fat from pastured (grass fed) animals.

No cereal, no pasta, no beer unless it is gluten free :( , just be smart about what you eat. If you need a dictionary and chemical engineering degree to determine the contents of your food, don't eat it.

In the last 2 years I have become horribly intolerant of dairy products. Some things just weren't meant to be consumed by adults

Ask yourself: What adult mammal eats dairy? (none do)

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement.

I have actually been misdiagnosed for the last 10 years with this rotten stuff and ( thankfully) found a naturopathic doctor this past summer that made the correct diagnosis.
Thankfully for me, I am one of those anomalies that actually grew up eating real foods, so the transition between what I'm currently eating and what I was eating before hasn't been too severe. I do miss French bread and some of the grains, but as more people have become gluten free there are a lot more options out there.

It makes me wonder though....with all the people that have gone gluten free, why soooo many now? I rarely ever heard of someone who was lactose or gluten free 20 years ago.

Read up on the Primal Diet. Your eyes will be opened to what and how we should be eating. All the commercial stuff is shoved at us over TV and Radio. We grew up being told this stuff was good for us.

50 years ago, people ate fresh vegetables, bought meats from the local butcher, bought fresh eggs from a local source. Most diets were meat, vegetables and potatoes.

Got a flu shot yet?

Big Pharma Gives Another Child Narcolepsy via the Swine Flu Vax, Then Cures It with a New Miracle Drug That Costs Over $20K per Year | The Daily Sheeple

Each year's batch contains something different, because it has to be ever-evolving as viruses mutate. Despite this, people are terrified and guilted into receiving the vaccine. If the fear factor doesn't work, they are forced to take it in order to work, go to school, or stay at daycare.

Is the risk of the flu greater than the risk from the vaccines? One public health official in Sweden regrets his part in pushing the vaccine and has actually gone on the record to say so. Goran Stiernstedt, the director for health and social care at the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions, was at the helm of the vaccination campaign across Sweden. He estimates the vaccine may have saved the lives of 30-60 people, but now over 200 recipients in that country suffer from narcolepsy. (source)

Please, don't allow yourself to be persuaded by those who only have the best interests of Big Pharma at heart, instead of the best interests of your family. Do your own research and make your decision based on that. Study the cautionary tales. Every drug ever rolled out by Big Pharma sounded like a great idea at the time, but the deaths and permanent disabilities caused by many of them should make you think twice before blithely having yourself or your family members injected.

Before big Pharm, and monsinto, we used to eat food - REAL food! Most people don't eat food any longer, they eat processed crap! People claim all this gluten intolerance and sensitivity is bull. The issue is, we're not eating properly any longer, so it's all the garbage we eat & drink & breathe - it's SO hard to get away from it all! We've been doing mostly organic for over a year now, and monsinto free for some time. We don't eat GMO and fight it any way we can.

Yes, it means more $$ - Whole Foods - and Vons Organic stuff. I agree with lots of the comments above as they are slowly trapping us and weeding (so to speak) out the weak. they poison our water, food, and air...then, keep us on drugs to help us live a better life while the media poisons our minds with what they want us to believe.

Every see WALL-E? All those people on the space ship? That's what the sheeple are becoming unless they awaken somehow.

Sorry for your issues and glad you found a good doc to help you!

We're doing gluten free this month, and we've done it before, to see if it clears some of the issues we have. It's not hard, but you do have to read and understand the labels - even more than we normally do, since we don't eat so much processed junk.

Good luck!

If you think about it, they have the opportunity to run the perfect scam. The farmers plant generically modified crops tainted with things to make us sick ( ala' Celiac, or a variety of other foodborne illnesses) which creates a market for the end consumer to have to go to the doctors and be prescribed medications developed and sold by the same company that poisoned you in the first place. Brilliant.

So, no GMO for my family...thank you very much.
Did you know that they also own roundup pesticides? The same pesticides that their gmo'd crops are made to resist.Kinda scary!!

Just try to escape them.... heres a list of companies that use gmo foods...
Comprehensive List Of GMO Products | Shift Frequency

Thanks goodness I don't eat hardly any of that crap ever. I drink four eggs from a neighbor's free-range chickens every morning (been doing it since Rocky came out in 1976), wash it down with black organic coffee, snack on organic non-GMO fruit, nuts and vegetables throughout the day and usually have some sort of grass-fed meat product when I do eat meat.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads