JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok am putting together a 308 AR and need to check the head space on it. Can anyone help me out? I bought the BCG from a company in California and the barrel from Curts. Well Curts does not have ahead spacing tool for 308. So if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction that would be great:s0155:

Thanks!

Drop me a PM I should still have 308 go/no-go gauges here I can let you borrow. Just know with AR's there really is no setting headspace. The shops either machined them properly or not. Using QUALITY and NEW parts you should have no issue.

Just know with AR's there really is no setting headspace.

Oh, they can have the headspace set. It's just a real long and complicated process. For all practical purposes the barrel extension is no different than the receiver in a bolt action rifle. It's just with AR's the gas port needs to be "timed" so the gas block, gas tube, and sight, are in alignment.

FWIW, the general consensus is that a well machined and properly assembled AR type barrel usually only needs a new bolt to correct any excessive headspace issues.

Oh, they can have the headspace set. It's just a real long and complicated process. For all practical purposes the barrel extension is no different than the receiver in a bolt action rifle. It's just with AR's the gas port needs to be "timed" so the gas block, gas tube, and sight, are in alignment.

FWIW, the general consensus is that a well machined and properly assembled AR type barrel usually only needs a new bolt to correct any excessive headspace issues.

See I still stand behind my statement!! lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top