JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought an Aero Precision Upper Receiver and it comes with an allen head screw instead of normal roll pin. Do I need to put any thread locker on the allen screw? I have always had to put a roll pin the secure the forward assist this is my first experience with an allen head bolt.

I bought an Aero Precision Upper Receiver and it comes with an allen head screw instead of normal roll pin. Do I need to put any thread locker on the allen screw? I have always had to put a roll pin the secure the forward assist this is my first experience with an allen head bolt.
Are you sure it's not for the bolt release?

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-threaded-stripped-upper-receiver-black

Features:

• New enhanced forging that gives the upper receiver a "billet look"
  • New picatinny profile that blends seamlessly with our Enhanced and ATLAS Series Handguards
  • M4 Feedramps
  • .250 takedown pin holes
  • Laser engraved T-marks
  • Includes threaded forward assist roll pin
  • DOES NOT include port door or forward assist
Wow, never heard of that. Let us know how it goes. As for loctite, I put blue on all things with threads unless it has a lock washer. I also add witness marks with a paint pen.

Well I was lucky to get an upper when I ordered it 6 weeks ago or so. That was all they had. A lot of uppers were sold out at the time I ordered one.

I put a small amount of blue locktite. Just a small amount only. I have never had to use the forward assist for to get the round to chamber ever. The only issue is that I could not get the Magpul MOE K2+ pistol grip on. This was the first I have ever had issues with it. But I different upper receiver. I had a spare Spike's Tactical pistol grip in my spares so I used that instead. I had to drive the set screw all the way into to fix the threads before I could put the pistol grip on.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads