JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like they need to be encouraged to get involved! A few phone calls, testimony, letters to the editor, etc would have a big impact. Even writing something for them that they would be willing to sign (make it easy for them).

if you click on my name dancinghippos, you will see a pop-up that shows a profile. If you click on the number next to "messages", you will see all of my posts. There is lots of useful and TRUE information in them. I pssted it here to provide it to others so as to get a flood of good information going to newspapers and legislators. Feel free to copy, reproduce and share with others. It is better if each writer puts information in their own words, but a flood of emails, letters and phone calls are what sways legislators.

Guys!

What if GUYS!!!

What if we just write a bill that sounds like its anti gun but load it with a ton of clauses and read between the lines that actually protects us and we get these nimrods to sign off on it?

call it the Anti-Gun Protection bill #28934723-0589y7u568u whatever and make it as misleading and stupid as half the crap they push out we react to.

Get what you put in? maybe?

if you click on my name dancinghippos, you will see a pop-up that shows a profile. If you click on the number next to "messages", you will see all of my posts. There is lots of useful and TRUE information in them. I pssted it here to provide it to others so as to get a flood of good information going to newspapers and legislators. Feel free to copy, reproduce and share with others. It is better if each writer puts information in their own words, but a flood of emails, letters and phone calls are what sways legislators.

This one seems particularly useful:

Police on the street overwhelmingly support gun rights for citizens without police records. Street cops are not political appointees, so they don't have to say what the mayor says.

How about asking experts? What do cops say about guns and violent crime?

Police officers overwhelmingly say it is more important to protect the rights of Americans to own guns than it is to control gun ownership (74% of officers vs. 53% of the public). (Pew Social Trends, January 2017)

The National Association of Chiefs of Police polled 20,000 sheriffs and police officers. 76% say that armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent crime. They are more pro-gun than the general public. This links to their survey results:

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NACOP-surveyresults-2016.pdf

PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the gun control in 2013.
71% say a ban on so-called "assault weapons" would have no effect on violent crime.
20% say it would make crime worse. This is a link to their results
http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

These are the experts. These are the guys I believe. And when companies like Gallup survey Americans, they poll 1000-2000 people and extrapolate. These two polls were 20,000 and 16,000 cops respectively. So the confidence level is huge.

Guys!

What if GUYS!!!

What if we just write a bill that sounds like its anti gun but load it with a ton of clauses and read between the lines that actually protects us and we get these nimrods to sign off on it?

call it the Anti-Gun Protection bill #28934723-0589y7u568u whatever and make it as misleading and stupid as half the crap they push out we react to.

What they call assault rifles I call Modern Sporting Rifles. You know like mini14s...and ARs

Guys!

What if GUYS!!!

Thought about that once. I thought about calling it the "Expanded and enhanced background check for gun safety" law. Basically, it would include many of the things antis have said they want: training, belong to a club, record keeping, expanded background checks and licenses.
1. Use CWL's for private sales as a way to clear people. To get a licence is expensive, requires training, more through background check, and the population as a hold is extremely law abiding.
2. Civilian Marksmanship Program requires documented training, belonging to a club, limits what type of weapon you can buy thru them.
3. FFL03 - or CUrio and RElic collectors federal licence: requires limits on the type of firearm that can be traded (historical and/or over 50 years old), documentation including ATF inspection, expanded background checks to obtain.

Basically, all the responsible things people were doing BEFORE SB941 destroyed them, and should have been exempt.

I understand and it's getting worse for R's every year. There were some close elections though. You would have to admit that our effort thus far has not been strong? 2020 is going to be tough because of Never Trump sentiment Democrat turnout will likely be very very high.

They have spent the last 3 years bashing him everyday on every station and in public . they make some people hate him and they don't even know why .

So basically they just copied the California "assault weapon ban" so how are they going to implement and enforce it? California spent millions on a system to allow gun owners to register their now banned firearms, they charged a fee that they expected to cover that cost and then some but compliance was so pathetically low that they never came close. Does Oregon have a budget to follow the same path, it appears the will is there, but the $$$ is going to be the problem, thank god.

Some people registering their guns get a visit and guns confiscated.

It would be a good thing if we can find members of LGBTQ community who are FOR self-defense to contact her and express their concerns about this.

Im not pandering to anyone and certainly not going to depend on LGBTQ, LMNOP groups to save my constitutional rights!

we all can just identify as queers today and accomplish the same thing ourselves....but wait ....PNW gun owners can barley be prodded to email their reps and when they do its a form letter copied by every lazy gun owner claiming they did their part for the constitution but in fact that LAZY FORM letter goes directly to the spam box of the recipient and NEVER EVEN READ!
So on second thought you better ask the LGBTQ, LMNOP's to save you.....they have more balls, they will stage fake hate crimes to frame conservatives to further their agenda

as I previously stated I dont believe there are 60 strong second amendment advocates on this site, you know the type, that will rally the troops to go on the offensive, maybe try something outside the box like a SAPO or even use the same "threat tactics" the liberals use ...like a measure to make marijuana illegal ....that would freak them out! but I think that freaks the majority here out too!

yeah tell me again about....... MULON LABE, thats a war cry thats lost its bite from PNW gun owners that use it as an excuse to be lazy by those to stupid to realize the gravity of being turned into felons.

VOTE DEMOCRAT AGAIN then tell us again you can vote down gun laws later....jeesh..... PNW gun owners have become redundant....same, same, same....lose, lose, lose

I run from NO fight, Im still volunteering for the cause I worked hard to protect my county, but think I did the only smart thing by relocating to save myself, my goods, my self respect and my freedom from gun prison because I have learned from 5 years of pro gun efforts here on this site I cant count on my Oregon neighbors, strike that, I can count on my Oregon neighbors..... to screw me out of my rights.

Im not pandering to anyone and certainly not going to depend on LGBTQ, LMNOP groups to save my constitutional rights!

we all can just identify as queers today and accomplish the same thing ourselves....but wait ....PNW gun owners can barley be prodded to email their reps and when they do its a form letter copied by every lazy gun owner claiming they did their part for the constitution but in fact that LAZY FORM letter goes directly to the spam box of the recipient and NEVER EVEN READ!
So on second thought you better ask the LGBTQ, LMNOP's to save you.....they have more balls, they will stage fake hate crimes to frame conservatives to further their agenda

as I previously stated I dont believe there are 60 strong second amendment advocates on this site, you know the type, that will rally the troops to go on the offensive, maybe try something outside the box like a SAPO or even use the same "threat tactics" the liberals use ...like a measure to make marijuana illegal ....that would freak them out! but I think that freaks the majority here out too!

yeah tell me again about....... MULON LABE, thats a war cry thats lost its bite from PNW gun owners that use it as an excuse to be lazy by those to stupid to realize the gravity of being turned into felons.

VOTE DEMOCRAT AGAIN then tell us again you can vote down gun laws later....jeesh..... PNW gun owners have become redundant....same, same, same....lose, lose, lose

I run from NO fight, Im still volunteering for the cause I worked hard to protect my county, but think I did the only smart thing by relocating to save myself, my goods, my self respect and my freedom from gun prison because I have learned from 5 years of pro gun efforts here on this site I cant count on my Oregon neighbors, strike that, I can count on my Oregon neighbors..... to screw me out of my rights.
You don't lie.

I'm about 99.9% positive these bills originated from the LEVO group.
"Any day now we should get the numbers for our two bills in the state legislature: the first to ban the sale of assault weapons and the second to ban the sale of large capacity magazines." Source:
Lift Every Voice
Yes. They have updated the language in the AWB bill to take away many (but not all) of the things that made it hard for their side to defend. But I am not buying it. As we have seen in other states, if they pass these bills, "its a start, but we need to do more" is going to lead to the next politician making "we need to do something" modifications and incrementally add more restrictions.

The only way I can see to stop this is to get ALL, I mean ALL of the Republican's in both the house and the senate to deny a quorum when these types of bills come up for a vote. As of now, there are enough Republicans in both the house and senate to do this. However, if only one senator or representative shows up for the vote, they will have a quorum.

Unfortunately for me, I'm stuck. I have Peter Courtney for a senator and Teresa Leon for a rep. Both are not particularly gun friendly.

I spoke with Rep. Mike Nearman at the recent ARPC gun show Saturday. He suggested the same thing. I begged him to please encourage all the "R's" to take that action. He smiled and kind of shook his head - didn't say "yes" though. At the very least we should be contacting our Republican representatives and begging them to deny a quorum on any gun legislation. It looks like that's the only way to avoid this passing and us being faced with mass civil disobedience of the new laws. Also, supporting the local Sheriffs to become involved in the movement to determine that the laws are unconstitutional and refuse to enforce them could be helpful. I believe this movement creates sanctuary counties where the new laws would not be enforced (can't remember the anagram).

I still do not think either has enough momentum for this legislative session. Both were introduced late in the session. Neither were pushed by Brown, and they are dealing with hundreds of other bills. Of course they could still pass if we remain apathetic, but I think they will punt the issue to the 2020 ballot measure. If that fails, I fully expect a 2021 AWB, Mag Capacity ban. By the end of this session they will have worked their way through background checks, red flag legislation, under 21 gun ban, and safety storage requirements. The only thing left after that will be going after modern sporting rifles and their accessories.

There's a little less than 90 days the legislature will meet between now and the end of the session. 118 days if you include weekends.

I've heard the 9th circuit actually overturned a 10+ round magazine ban in California? Not sure how it would stand here if that was the case but they're certainly going as hard as they can to get there! Then there's forcing registration and banning future "assault weapon" sales.

Most likely we're looking at getting a minimum of 21+ on long guns and safe storage requirements. Which are garbage all the same but are most likely to encounter the LEAST resistance.

I've heard the 9th circuit actually overturned a 10+ round magazine ban in California? Not sure how it would stand here if that was the case but they're certainly going as hard as they can to get there! Then there's forcing registration and banning future "assault weapon" sales.

Most likely we're looking at getting a minimum of 21+ on long guns and safe storage requirements. Which are garbage all the same but are most likely to encounter the LEAST resistance.
Do you have link to that final decision the mag ban court case?

My understanding is that the 9th upheld a lower courts injunction of the mag ban until the case is decided. I don't think the case has been decided yet but I have been wrong many times?

This statement was made by Oregon AG's office in a letter regarding the ballot title arguments for IP 8 (the common firearms act petition). It demonstrates what the AG believes is with in the State's right to do:
"The court concluded that semi-automatic firearms are not within the protection of arms for self-defense encompassed by Art. I, section 27. It follows that such weapons could lawfully be banned in Oregon, at least insofar as that provision of the constitution is concerned, to the extent that was found to be in furtherance of public safety. The fact that such weapons are not currently regulated does not mean that they could not, in future, be regulated."

Listening to OPB last night on my way home and they were talking about this.

One thing they really stressed as very important was that anybody who owns "assault weapons" must register them. Both in their voice and wording.

Now I wonder why registration is so important to them?

Can anybody think why that might be?:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads