JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Listening to OPB last night on my way home and they were talking about this.

One thing they really stressed as very important was that anybody who owns "assault weapons" must register them. Both in their voice and wording.

Now I wonder why registration is so important to them?

Can anybody think why that might be?:rolleyes:
Who were they talking with?

Do you have link to that final decision the mag ban court case?

My understanding is that the 9th upheld a lower courts injunction of the mag ban until the case is decided. I don't think the case has been decided yet but I have been wrong many times?
You were right, I misinterpreted an article I was reading. Even then, it is still slightly favorable an outcome.

Listening to OPB last night on my way home and they were talking about this.

One thing they really stressed as very important was that anybody who owns "assault weapons" must register them. Both in their voice and wording.

Now I wonder why registration is so important to them?

Can anybody think why that might be?:rolleyes:
I'd like to hear that from their point of view. What do they believe registration would accomplish that furthers their standard of "public safety"...?? How would that stop a shooter on a rampage? What proof do they have that registration yields results? I'd really like to put them on the spot!

I'd like to hear that from their point of view. What do they believe registration would accomplish that furthers their standard of "public safety"...?? How would that stop a shooter on a rampage? What proof do they have that registration yields results? I'd really like to put them on the spot!

It isn't about public safety, it is about who has the guns and who doesn't.

The people in power, or the public?

Registration leads to confiscation. That is why they were pushing registration so hard.

I think that we have to be honest and realize that no guns at all, for anyone is the goal of these anti-gunfolks.
It isn't about public safety, it is about who has the guns and who doesn't.

The people in power, or the public?

Registration leads to confiscation. That is why they were pushing registration so hard.

Yes. Poeple need to keep in mind that what "they" (meaning the real behind the scenes groups that are driving gun legislation) want is that no one in the USA to have a gun. That will never leave their agenda until the USA is like England.

Now your local representative etc. may be a reasonable person responding to current political pressures and not have this no-gun motive at all. But we have to look deeper at the groups driving the legislation (usually behind the scenes) and one must always keep in mind their ultimate agenda. The reason "registration" is finding its way into so many proposed bills is painfully obvious. They need to know where the guns are if they r to confiscate them in the future. It has worked for the anti gun groups before and to not be aware of their motive would be foolish.

The road from registration to confiscation in England was very short and they will try to do the same thing here if they can.

Here is a brief timeline of the English confiscation:

91A3ECA7-D380-4E2B-9598-CED4E24AF280.png

Longer version can be found here:

A Brief History of British Gun Control, (or, How to Disarm the Law Abiding Populace by Stealth), by P.A. Lut

Wiki history:

Firearms policy in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia

Last Edited:
I predict a run on 80% lowers...

Until they make those illegal as well...

Marksmanship will become a priority when your only allowed a single shot .22 LR rifle...

If we look at what happened with alcohol during prohibition, there was wide scale non-compliance, law officers who did not enforce it and regular people technically became "criminals" in the eyes of the law and a black market controlled by organized crime developed.

Hmm u think the same thing might happen here if everyone had to register their guns? (Rhetorical question)

This statement was made by Oregon AG's office in a letter regarding the ballot title arguments for IP 8 (the common firearms act petition). It demonstrates what the AG believes is with in the State's right to do:
"The court concluded that semi-automatic firearms are not within the protection of arms for self-defense encompassed by Art. I, section 27. It follows that such weapons could lawfully be banned in Oregon, at least insofar as that provision of the constitution is concerned, to the extent that was found to be in furtherance of public safety. The fact that such weapons are not currently regulated does not mean that they could not, in future, be regulated."

Sorry, but the court's/AG's argument/statement is frivolous:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER

Some have made the argument, bordering on the frivolous, that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment. We do not interpret constitutional rights that way. Just as the First Amendment protects modern forms of communications, e.g., Reno v. American Civil Liberties Union, 521 U. S. 844, 849 (1997), and the Fourth Amendment applies to modernforms of search, e.g., Kyllo v. United States, 533 U. S. 27, 35–36 (2001), the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding.

Last Edited:
It sounds like we, those that support the 2nd Amendment, and the rest of Constitution need to run for public office. No position should go uncontested. Need a phrase in our campaign platform regarding the respect of the US Constitution and our respective State constitution as a whole. That way we know the candidate respects the constitution. Make sure there are no bones in the closet or no compromising high school year book photos... How about infiltrating the dems meetings?? I have heard some of the meetings for some counties have low participation and the few are making the decisions for the many. They even give awards to people for just showing up...then they sucker one into doing more work with no or minimal compensation... Last thing many of us want to do after work is sit in a meeting...

It sounds like we, those that support the 2nd Amendment, and the rest of Constitution need to run for public office. No position should go uncontested. Need a phrase in our campaign platform regarding the respect of the US Constitution and our respective State constitution as a whole. That way we know the candidate respects the constitution. Make sure there are no bones in the closet or no compromising high school year book photos... How about infiltrating the dems meetings?? I have heard some of the meetings for some counties have low participation and the few are making the decisions for the many. They even give awards to people for just showing up...then they sucker one into doing more work with no or minimal compensation... Last thing many of us want to do after work is sit in a meeting...
I would but I doubt they let anyone my age run(25),and if they did it would take some serious help from God succeed in this state.

It sounds like we, those that support the 2nd Amendment, and the rest of Constitution need to run for public office. No position should go uncontested. Need a phrase in our campaign platform regarding the respect of the US Constitution and our respective State constitution as a whole. That way we know the candidate respects the constitution.

What Is Libertarian?

But then, every republican here will say "oh, can't vote libertarian because they can never win". :rolleyes:

53886087_2325508427483879_5426019952417046528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last Edited:
Who exactly will I need to send an email to in regards to that "assault weapon" ban?

I think I have an interesting approach on this, how many "machine gun" owners do we think oregon has?

i think it is hideous that the fixed mag sks with 10rds is gonna be legal and an ak with detatchable magazine wont be!? it shoots the same caliber and if anything the sks is more powerful and accurate because it has more muzzle velocity and a longer sight radius!? if anything at all, this should be banned, and the AK be legal lol (i don't support any bans and wont mention any of that either)Also, i did a reloading test and it takes the same time for me or even faster, to load a stripper clip in it than to change a magazine!?

Last Edited:
also... I'm not sure but I have a AK variant with a folding stock.... so technically If i fix the stock and put a 10rd mag in it with some sort of "mag lock" that requires a tool to take the mag out, it would not be an assault weapon???? It reads like they focus on this "10rd fixed mag" and all other features are meaningless. Why did they put them in there if they are so bad? if we take the SKS for example, put on a pistol grip, put on a flash hider, but they don't matter since its 10rds fixed mag.

Requires person who owns assault weapon on effective date of Act to register assault weapon or take other specified action within one year of effective date of Act

Link

View attachment 553718
Carla Piluso was the first woman to serve as chief of the Gresham Police Department in Gresham. In 2014, she won election as a Democrat to the Oregon House of Representatives, representing District 50.

No scheduled hearing dates so far.

Judiciary House 2019 Regular Session - Oregon Legislative Information System

That is the link to the house judiciary committee which would have the first hearing on the bill whenever it is scheduled. I have had okay success emailing each one separately and respectfully voicing my opposition.

If it's any consolation, there are 138 bills in the house judiciary committee right now. It looks like yesterday they spent the entire session talking about one bill. I guess it depends on how motivated they are to get HB 3223 this session.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads