JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So are county police going to start going door to door to
confiscate any upper not serialized, magazines over 10 rounds? I legitimately want to know what their end goal is. I'm definitely going to start looking for a better place to live! Love what Oregon use to be not what it is now. Libs got what they wanted a Utopia of they , thems with one train of thought and opposition will be black balled, fined or imprisoned.
No, but you won't be able to purchase and new uppers or slides without a serial number for the State to track.

confiscate any upper not serialized, magazines over 10 rounds? I legitimately want to know what their end goal is. I'm definitely going to start looking for a better place to live! Love what Oregon use to be not what it is now. Libs got what they wanted a Utopia of they , thems with one train of thought and opposition will be black balled, fined or imprisoned.
I don't know how the PNW became such a hotbed for radical leftists and progressive ideology. I spoke to a WW2 vet last Saturday, who was a B17 pilot and flew missions over Germany when he was 20-21.

Youth nowadays youth don't even know their own gender. We're in trouble folks..

Last Edited:
I don't know how the PNW became such a hotbed for radical leftists and progressive ideology. I spoke to a 90 year WW2 vet last Saturday, who was a B17 pilot and flew missions over Germany when he was 20-21.

Youth nowadays youth don't even know their own gender. We're in trouble folks..
Do the math that vet would have had to be at least 98 now to have flown bombing missions over Europe in WWII when he was 20.

A stripped AR upper or lower could be considered an unfinished receiver as could an 80% lower or frame. It appears that a complete AR upper is a receiver, but not an unfinished receiver if it's assembled. As far as I can tell, firearms and unfinished frames and unfinished receivers need to be serialized.

In the case of an AR, it appears that the complete upper isn't defined, so it could be just the upper receiver and not the complet assembly with barrel, BCG, etc.

A stripped AR upper or lower could be considered an unfinished receiver as could an 80% lower or frame. It appears that a complete AR upper is a receiver, but not an unfinished receiver if it's assembled. As far as I can tell, firearms and unfinished frames and unfinished receivers need to be serialized.

In the case of an AR, it appears that the complete upper isn't defined, so it could be just the upper receiver and not the complet assembly with barrel, BCG, etc.
Seems like the best we can hope for under the circumstance

If you mean a handgun slide not sure.

There is a new version B that might have changed somewhat:

I think slides are not included; handguns have frames, rifles have receivers in the -B-Engrossed

In case you don't follow legi-speak:
A-Engrossed: An engrossed (meaning "to make a final fair copy of") bill is a bill that is printed with its amendments. If a bill is engrossed, it will be printed as "SB ____, A-eng.," meaning "Senate Bill ____, including its amendments." A bill may be amended more than once; in that case, the bill will be printed "B-eng.," and so on.

No matter how or what they ban its going to be bad and a long court battle to over turn it.
And how's that working out for us? They'll just unleash another salvo of frivolous bills designed to get us tripped us and attempt to deny us those rights.

They seem to ignore Supreme Court decisions and do whatever they want. At this point, I'd say make allies in your town. Talk with your Sheriff. Rural Oregon is different than the metro. If you live those areas you may consider moving. Oregon may end up in a situation with 2nd amendment sanctuary counties.

Last Edited:
And how's that working out for us? They'll just unleash another salvo of frivolous bills designed to get us tripped us and attempt to deny us those rights.

They seem to ignore Supreme Court decisions and do whatever they want. At this point, I'd say make allies in your town. Talk with your Sheriff. Rural Oregon is different than the metro. If you live those areas you may consider moving. Oregon may end up in a situation with 2nd amendment sanctuary counties.
Tried that and lost the lawsuit. The state now wants repayment of legal costs. They're saying "Flock you - pay me!"

Tried that and lost the lawsuit. The state now wants repayment of legal costs. They're saying "Flock you - pay me!"
I read that also. I don't see how they can compel the Sheriff to act? Could the Oregon AG or a Judge hold a Sheriff in contempt for failing to enforce the law? I just see alot of them turning a blind eye to enforcement.

All law enforcement uses selective enforcement when they want to. I'm not privy to the details of the case, only that the judge had a hissy fit and exploded in a major tirade against second amendment supporters.

I read that also. I don't see how they can compel the Sheriff to act? Could the Oregon AG or a Judge hold a Sheriff in contempt for failing to enforce the law? I just see alot of them turning a blind eye to enforcement.
They don't hold any prosecutors/judges in Portland or Eugene to prosecute any other laws and are constantly letting out hardened multi time offenders, pedo's, etc.. How could they go after Sheriffs, who have a sworn duty to uphold the Constitution of the State and country, which these laws are against both state and federal Constitutions.
As I've read before and am understanding better and better, it's risky to start picking and choosing what laws to enforce.. It's going to end in complete chaos... Which is probably what they want anyway. Give opportunity for further tyranny..

Reading the current iteration, I'm not seeing slides being defined as a receiver or frame.
But I'm not a lawyer, my parents loved me.

If every person had to bring in their autoloader (except for Glock and maybe some others) for additional serialization on the slide, how would that even work? I know they don't care.
But I don't see anything about a slide being defined as something being a frame or receiver. Especially since the FCG is in the frame.
If I missed something please highlight that area in the code we're all looking through here.
Thank you
""Frame" means the part of a handgun, or variant of a handgun, that provides housing
or a structure for the primary energized component designed to hold back the hammer,
striker, bolt or similar element, prior to initiation of the firing sequence, even if pins or
other attachments are required to attach the component to the housing or structure"

I am going to say yes slides will need to be serialized as well.

Door to door? No.

But if you are on a list, and the automatic license plate recognition in an OSP patrol car flags you as a gun owner and the OSP officer isn't busy and needs something to fill his/her quota, you may find yourself pulled over on some trumped up charge (like driving at 60 in a 55, or weaving on the road, or not signaling a turn - when you did none of those), and having your car searched.

If you have your unserialized upper in the car, then you may find yourself in court. If you don't have a good lawyer, you may find yourself headed to prison. Even if you have a good lawyer, you may find yourself with a fine that will bankrupt you, and the court/lawyer costs will bankrupt you even if you are found innocent. You may find yourself without a job and your guns confiscated - all of them.

""Frame" means the part of a handgun, or variant of a handgun, that provides housing
or a structure for the primary energized component designed to hold back the hammer,
striker, bolt or similar element, prior to initiation of the firing sequence, even if pins or
other attachments are required to attach the component to the housing or structure"

I am going to say yes slides will need to be serialized as well.
Upon further reading, I believe it will not require the slide to be serialized as the law only talks about a rifle or shotgun in the receiver part. the frame would be the lower part with the FGC

13) "Receiver" means the part of a rifle, shotgun or projectile weapon other than a handgun, or a variant of a rifle, shotgun or projectile weapon other than a handgun, that provides housing or a structure for the primary component designed to block or seal the breech prior to initiation of the firing sequence, even if pins or other attachments are required to connect the component to the housing or structure.

right?

Upon further reading, I believe it will not require the slide to be serialized as the law only talks about a rifle or shotgun in the receiver part. the frame would be the lower part with the FGC

13) "Receiver" means the part of a rifle, shotgun or projectile weapon other than a handgun, or a variant of a rifle, shotgun or projectile weapon other than a handgun, that provides housing or a structure for the primary component designed to block or seal the breech prior to initiation of the firing sequence, even if pins or other attachments are required to connect the component to the housing or structure.

right?
It depends on how you interpret this:

Does the slide house any of the energized components that hold back the striker in a striker fired slide? I would say yes. Edit but it does say "primary" component. So that is up for Interpretation. Hopefully my interpretation is wrong.

Last Edited:
The parts of the bill that I would need interpretation of a lawyer on, is when it says:

"frame or receiver" such as in section 5 B.

How would a court interpret that? Does it mean that both have to be serialized, or just one or the other?

That needs to be made clear before the law goes into effect or there are going to be a LOT of people out there that will be violating that law.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top