JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HAZMAT RULES AND REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED WHEN SHIPPING POWDER OR PRIMERS.

shipping definition: the transport of goods by sea or some other means.

So if I'm driving from the store with cartridges, primers or powder by definition am I shipping hazmat material?

These rules apply to commercial shipping. The carrier companies and interstate transportation.

When shipping via FedEx or the like, the intent to to keep everyone safe. If your personal use amount meets your local authority having jurisdiction limits, you are able to transport yourself as it is below the minimum reportable quantities and not in commerce.

Similar to 1.4g consumer fireworks.

1.4s, primer, cap type

20210215_154404.jpg

As a hazmat driver; I knew friends that died handling and transporting explosives
And paying the tax had what impact on your friends deaths?

Don't you think that illicit substances being trafficked by organized crime cause more deaths in the population than accidents involving HAZMAT?

Anyhow, I do not have a problem with HAZMAT fees and taxes so much as I have a problem with differential enforcement and hypocrisy. Trust that if I ever ship hazardous materials, the letter of the law will be obeyed, though it's been quite easy to avoid altogether considering I do not ship HAZMAT for work or ship ammo or components when selling said items.

Sorry for your loss, btw.

And paying the tax had what impact on your friends deaths?

Don't you think that illicit substances being trafficked by organized crime cause more deaths in the population than accidents involving HAZMAT?

Anyhow, I do not have a problem with HAZMAT fees and taxes so much as I have a problem with differential enforcement and hypocrisy. Trust that if I ever ship hazardous materials, the letter of the law will be obeyed, though it's been quite easy to avoid altogether considering I do not ship HAZMAT for work or ship ammo or components when selling said items.

Sorry for your loss, btw.
Knowing what you have in your cargo hold and communicating the risk you are taking to others is essential for safety. Taxes pay regulators to regulate commercial traffic. To not communicate the risk a commercial driver is taking puts the public at even more risk. Imagine how much more risk the driver and the general public are put in because there are boxes of explosives placed next to poison gas or other hazmat that have the potential to become an even worse disaster simply because no one communicated the risk of what is in the box

HAZMAT RULES AND REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED WHEN SHIPPING POWDER OR PRIMERS.

shipping definition: the transport of goods by sea or some other means.

So if I'm driving from the store with cartridges, primers or powder by definition am I shipping hazmat material?
All you gotta do is proclaim you're a sovereign citizen and them road pirates will leave you alone.

lol

A lower number of "regulated hazmat shipping related accidents" vs "accidents associated with unregulated illicit traffic of substances" be because following safety procedures and communication of risk created conditions of fewer deaths?

I have HAZMAT training through work, and sure wouldn't want to be caught skirting the rules. They take that stuff seriously.

I was looking through Gunbroker listings a couple days ago, and saw one for a mixed lot of reloading gear, including various primers and powders, even a can of black powder. Shipping was cheap, and the shipping method listed was "Priority Mail". It looked for all the world that he's planning on just stuffing all that stuff together in a flat-rate box and taking it to the post office. Wow. :eek:

I doubt there's any concern though. The price was insanely high so I can't imagine it ever selling.

Knowing what you have in your cargo hold and communicating the risk you are taking to others is essential for safety. Taxes pay regulators to regulate commercial traffic. To not communicate the risk a commercial driver is taking puts the public at even more risk. Imagine how much more risk the driver and the general public are put in because there are boxes of explosives placed next to poison gas or other hazmat that have the potential to become an even worse disaster simply because no one communicated the risk of what is in the box
Makes sense. I suppose more people could be injured or killed in the event materials are not properly marked. Firefighters for example.

I have HAZMAT training through work, and sure wouldn't want to be caught skirting the rules. They take that stuff seriously.

I was looking through Gunbroker listings a couple days ago, and saw one for a mixed lot of reloading gear, including various primers and powders, even a can of black powder. Shipping was cheap, and the shipping method listed was "Priority Mail". It looked for all the world that he's planning on just stuffing all that stuff together in a flat-rate box and taking it to the post office. Wow. :eek:

I doubt there's any concern though. The price was insanely high so I can't imagine it ever selling.
Also Powder should be shipped, Ground Only.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top