JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm rather ashamed to admit this; but the wife and I are seriously considering leaving Washington State and move to Arkansas. Washington State is so liberal, and I feel so worn down trying to fight the good fight I'm exhausted- and I know it in my knower, we're going to lose in the long run. So we're talking about moving to a 20 acre farm, 3 bed, 1.5 bath- and a 30 year mortage is $460/month vs. the 1000 a month I'm paying for this crappy apartment.

Have you ever felt like abandoning the PNW and move somewhere else?:(

They keep going by the welfare state and there will be no reason to stay here. By the time I want to retire the tax rate will be way out of line we are very close to the top of the highest tax state already. These morons in this state has the same solution to every problem which takes ZERO brain power to fix. SPEND MORE MONEY they never spend it on increasing the standard of living for all people only to play santa clause to buy votes. Mean while the jobs keep leaving this state and the economy is never stable. Add to that the cost of living compared to other states. With more and more regulation on our dailey lives those costs will never come down. We have had progressive govenors for 30 yrs. Votes just keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. The stupidity is endless.

Does the whole country count?

Well Mr. Lovett, as I see it (and I hope I am horribly wrong ok?) All of us is going to have to make a "last stand" somewhere. I've decided for me that's going to be in Arkansas. Lots of lakes, few people, difficult terrain, one of the last places (I think- I could be very wrong) the Fed's will crack down on. Does the whole country count? Where can you fall back too? But I must admit it sure seems that way.

I bailed for Florida last July and even though I will likely move again to somewhere else it has been great to get away from all the statist and collectivists of Seattle.
Even with a ton of New Yorkers that moved down here Florida is multiple times more free than King County.
People bicycle here all over the place for fun and are laid back about it instead of all those pretentious faggy spandex and helmet wearing metros.
The roads are magnitudes better as the government is trying to relieve congestion and not cause it.
I feels like I stepped 30 years back in time and it is great.

I left Oregon for Washington. Didnt take me long to recognize it as a fools paradise. Despite money issues we have laid plans to be in NW Montana within the next year. Reasons much like the reasons given by the OP. Arkansas would probably be ok but I dont like heat, humidity, or the south all that much. I figure eventually Montana will be ruined as well but Ill be dead by then.

Native Californian.

Left the sate of my birth, my fathers birth, my child's birth, friends, family, everything due to the fact I just couldn't take it anymore. I was essentially priced out of my home town due to a never ending influx of outsiders, with a hell of alot more money than I had. Taxes, liberal PROFESSIONAL politicians that didn't represent ANY of my beliefs, crime, traffic, more crime, no ability to protect myself or family without breaking the law. I could go on and on.

Yeah.. I know how you all feel.

I believe there is still hope for Oregon and Washington but... I have seen alot of the same bull bubblegum I saw as a Californian with the liberal politicians seemingly trying their absolute hardest to destroy these two states.. It's stupefying really. One only has to look at California's current state to understand liberal policies, are NOT SUSTAINABLE. The state is like a giant turd swirling down the toilet bowel.

I digress..

I have told many people this and will say it again here, life is too short to be unhappy. The best decision I have ever made in my life was loading that penske and heading north. Was it hard ? bubblegum yeah.

Anything worth doing is.

I will fight the good fight as long as I am a Washingtonian, but if the liberals bubblegum this state up too, Im heading further north ( AK ). After doing it once, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Seems better to buy than to rent especially if it's less expensive and you have the freedom to do so.

ETA: And yes, my faith in politicians and those that continue to vote them into office is waning at best.

This is my home. I'll stick it out and fight to the end.

If the time comes when the gestapo is breaking down doors and we've truly lost, I might load up and head to Texas, which hopefully will be in full scale secession by then.

I am looking at moving from Oregon as well. Alaska is my 1st choice with Montana a 2nd. I just cant see how things can change when the Hippy filled cities like Portland can influence how things go in the more rural areas. The whole nation is going this way so i'll just go where the its to cold for the hippies.

I heard recently that 60% of all people moving out of state are moving to Oregon. It may well be wrong but if true, that's incredible.. incredibly bad.
A caller mused that it was because of the liberal rules regarding the dole.

Arkansas? Prepare for brutal humidity. Their "rural" people are a different breed, outsiders not welcome, and its not just a phrase. As for firearms and "fighting the good fight", open carry is banned statewide, $150+ mandatory training to get CCW, and inform officer on contact. Get caught ignoring a "no guns allowed in this store" business sign and get arrested. And a state government that tells me what days I can buy alcohol? Yeah, no thanks.

Having said that, none of that matters if you can't keep a roof over your head. Definitely cheaper to live there. I have visited my sisters family there, and I would not live there personally. Yes, Washington kinda sucks and I doubt i'll be retiring here, but the grass is always greener on the other side, as it goes :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top