JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Are the plug and play appliance abusers in the room with us right now?
Real radios don't need knobs. ;)

flexk2ncc002.JPG

I can get into the repeater in La Pine,
Man, I don't know how you can do this - even just to break squelch. It's a long way between us!

Are you sure it's the 145.470 Walker Mtn repeater? Or are you possibly using a local PeakNet repeater which links to the 140 PeakNet repeater which is also on Walker Mtn.

If it's the 470 repeater try giving me a call this evening.

Man, I don't know how you can do this - even just to break squelch. It's a long way between us!

Are you sure it's the 145.470 Walker Mtn repeater? Or are you possibly using a local PeakNet repeater which links to the 140 PeakNet repeater which is also on Walker Mtn.

If it's the 470 repeater try giving me a call this evening.
I can talk into the Corvallis repeater, east to LaGrande, north to Wenatchee, and south into Bend.

Like I said, I can break squelch on the LA Pine 470 repeater, just don't have any audio with it...but can hear lightly hear people talk. Once I get the beam up, I should be able to reliably get into it.

But, should be able to talk on HF

If you have the room, look up the Extended Double Zepp design.

It's 5/8 wave per each leg vs 1/2 wave, amd will tune on every band...160m - 6m

I cut mine for 40m, so is approx 175ft total, and have it up about 40 feet.

Last Edited:
I have this HF antenna and coax to match if anyone wants to climb a ladder and take it down.

In Hillsboro OR. PM me if interested. Worth a solid $200 retail, yours free as I'm not much for climbing ladders anymore.

I have an OSHA-approved ladder to help you up there.

I've done all I want on amateur radio, so I don't need it.

Capture.JPG

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews