JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This happened at 2 AM last night in Glenwood Park in the Lents neighborhood of SE Portland. I lived five blocks from there for years, recently moved out of state in part because of the deteriorating quality of life and public safety in Portland. I haven't seen any mention of this in the news, have no details of the circumstances, heard about this morning on the neighborhood Facebook page.

Given the amount of Afro-Jive I heard between shots, I would say we know who is involved here! Sadly, even though its all Gang shooting, they absolutely suck at killing each other, instead they maim or kill innocents!

Given the amount of Afro-Jive I heard between shots, I would say we know who is involved here! Sadly, even though its all Gang shooting, they absolutely suck at killing each other, instead they maim or kill innocents!
The other one 2 nights before in the near area got one. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut evey once in awhile.

Here's an idea! The city should offer free, anonymous fire courses. If the bad actors of the city improve their accuracy and hit ratios the problems will resolve themselves. :s0155:

Over a decade ago, I watched a TV program concerning gang activity and the police. One of the commentators made the statement that the greatest hazards to young black men were the police. Another guest on the program made a statement that has resonated with me ever since.
"The greatest danger to young black men today, are other young black men."
All of this 'defund the police' garbage is just that; Garbage. It is the gangs that are killing the 'persons of color'. Black on black crime is greater than any other; at least until these limp d@!% prosecutors started waiving bail and letting the bad guys go loose, to do their stuff all over again.

Or better yet, they get an education and realize that gang-banging is not the way to a long and healthy life. Then again, the problem would fix itself.

Education, dang, what a concept!!!
I don't really buy that. They aren't born in caves and incapable of being aware of their choices. You can't really "educate" free choice out of people.

What you "can" do is provide feedback in the way of consequences for their choices and actions and hope that it gives them a moment of clarity to change their mind and say, "this ain't worth it" or "I don't want this for myself anymore" and make better choices in future.

Case in point... how dd the whole "say no to drugs" education programs work for us? ;)

I don't really buy that. They aren't born in caves and incapable of being aware of their choices. You can't really "educate" free choice out of people.

What you "can" do is provide feedback in the way of consequences for their choices and actions and hope that it gives them a moment of clarity to change their mind and say, "this ain't worth it" or "I don't want this for myself anymore" and make better choices in future.

Case in point... how dd the whole "say no to drugs" education programs work for us? ;)
The #1 problem with this scum is almost every one of them grew up feral. No family unit to support them. One party has for decades attacked the family doing everything they could to undermine the family unit. They are getting just what they wanted. Feral kids who grow up to become criminal scum. With no family unit few are ever going to bother with a good education. :(

A couple of weekends ago, I was welding on a neighbors trailer, when we both heard two quick shots, then six more in a steady cadence.
It was only a couple of houses away from the back of my shop.
What happened was a guy shot dead a family relative over an earlier argument, he then ran off and returned the next morning and walked right up to a couple of detectives who were following up the investigation.
That's the first time I've heard gunshots that actually did someone in. The house has been a constant eyesore and druggie hangout for years.

Just thought of an idea!.. now hear me out before you judge.
gofundme---gangsta basic firearms training. Get'em semi-skilled with their gats, then they can be more proficient at killing each other miss alot less,and not hit innocent bystanders.... problem will solve itself.

Portland would probably be better off handing out frangible ammo then clean needles.
How are they supposed to nail their counterparts during drive-by's if every car turns into a tank? We don't want to encourage the use of molotov's and pipebomb's. :s0024:

How about using some of those calming cones to better effect? Designate free kill zones outside of city limits guaranteeing no LE response or charges to be levied against them!

OH~ wait! They're already doing that! I fergetteded....🤣

Here's an idea! The city should offer free, anonymous fire courses. If the bad actors of the city improve their accuracy and hit ratios the problems will resolve themselves. :s0155:
Two opposing firing lines...no paper targets in between.
Eco friendly... think about all those trees saved.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews