JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At almost 3am my stupid exhausted brain thought it a good idea to look at night vision optics. I quickly came across an ad for a NV1000 digital NV monocular on Temu on sale for like 50 bucks. I clicked on it and it gave me a discount for 70% off if i signed up. The total came out to a little less than 15$ with free shipping.

After i watched a couple videos on youtube talking about similar monoculars i decided why the hell not. I signed up and used PayPal as my payment method incase this turns out to be a scam i can at least get my 15$ back.

Now i don't consider this a serious toy but for 15 bucks i couldn't pass up the chance to get into NV for damn near nothing and to have fun playing around with this.

There's a walking path near me that runs along some good sized fields with vegetation along the edges that i plan on testing this monocular at. Since it's digital it can take video and pictures that i plan on uploading to YouTube for those that want to see how it actually performs.

Screenshot_20230831_024821_Temu.jpg

I predict something similar to the jaxx toy nightvision…they used to come with the old call of duty game. They do work but don't set your hopes too high the internal screen was small and low quality on those . Eat up batteries too iirc. But that's been years ago the tech has come a long way . At least it doesn't look like the chicom "night vision binoculars" I've seen that are cheap binoculars with a flashlight in the middle 🤣

I predict something similar to the jaxx toy nightvision…they used to come with the old call of duty game. They do work but don't set your hopes too high the internal screen was small and low quality on those . Eat up batteries too iirc. But that's been years ago the tech has come a long way . At least it doesn't look like the chicom "night vision binoculars" I've seen that are cheap binoculars with a flashlight in the middle 🤣
This one has an internal lithium battery. So i hope it doesn't blow up in my face like an Olight.

At almost 3am my stupid exhausted brain thought it a good idea to look at night vision optics. I quickly came across an ad for a NV1000 digital NV monocular on Temu on sale for like 50 bucks. I clicked on it and it gave me a discount for 70% off if i signed up. The total came out to a little less than 15$ with free shipping.

After i watched a couple videos on youtube talking about similar monoculars i decided why the hell not. I signed up and used PayPal as my payment method incase this turns out to be a scam i can at least get my 15$ back.

Now i don't consider this a serious toy but for 15 bucks i couldn't pass up the chance to get into NV for damn near nothing and to have fun playing around with this.

There's a walking path near me that runs along some good sized fields with vegetation along the edges that i plan on testing this monocular at. Since it's digital it can take video and pictures that i plan on uploading to YouTube for those that want to see how it actually performs.

View attachment 1479216
Looks like it may be the same model that I recommended here

If so I used it just last week to film a graffiti prick at 4am. It's the same guy the city guy who repaints over graffiti has been trying to catch for a long time. If it's the same model it works great (see the thread I posted for video and examples).

Looks like it may be the same model that I recommended here

If so I used it just last week to film a graffiti prick at 4am. It's the same guy the city guy who repaints over graffiti has been trying to catch for a long time. If it's the same model it works great (see the thread I posted for video and examples).

It's somewhat similar but not the same model as yours. I really liked your detailed write ups on your thread. Gives me hope this monocular won't be total junk.

May I ask?

Have you gotten any recent FRAUDULENT charges on your CC recently and/or have you received any un-solicited items through the mail? I guess I should also ask, if you've received more than the usual amounts of unwanted e-mails or text messages.

Why do I ask?
Well, I have this theory about some of my dealing(s) with foreign companies.

Just yesterday.....
I received an e-mail from Citi Bank informing me, of a charge for $0.00 from a company in Ireland. As far as I know......I was not doing business with any company in Ireland. Of course, I wasn't about to be clicking onto any links and when I called/inquired Citi Bank (w/the phone number on the back of my CC) the girl said, the wording was correct. However, the e-mail (of origination) wasn't familiar (as belonging to Citi Bank). She asked that I report it to their, "Spoof Dept".

Then.....
Not to mention, that recently (actually everyday)......I've been getting text solicitations to donate to the National Association for Gun Rights. I keep reporting the texts as "unwanted". But, no one is actually cutting them off/blocking off my phone number from their access to my phone.

BTW.....the other day I received a mail solicitation from the National Foundation for Gun Rights. Yeah.....I guess they are different (maybe, Foundation vs Association). Thus IMHO.....both, are not worthy of my support.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews