JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will the simple handshake ever be openly discouraged? It's already a "thing " to bump elbows as a temporary stand in , but this hasn't really caught on.

I'm talking about the screeching, "invasion of the body snatchers " point and stare treatment from onlookers.

I still offer my hand in greeting, but I wouldn't be offended if it was dodged.

Discuss

... 9d06755865bdb24764828d27e0f15386.jpg

Last Edited:
I still do it out of habit. When someone shy's away from it I just smile. When this great hoax was just getting going good a buddy I had not seen in a while stopped by to say hi. I had helped him get a better job and he was loving it. When he walked in he started to shoulder bump me, I just laughed and hugged him. He started laughing then too. He was young and in GREAT shape so he had nothing to fear from this anyway. Being as I am old and NOT in great shape maybe he thought I would be scared?

Simple customary gestures conveyed by a selection of fingers or a finger may become more important than humanity ever realized. For example, when people tell me that I'm number one. Happens quite often believe it or not. :)

I see it with my elementary school students and get it ....as they are kids.
But two adults doing the same....it just looks and feels to me at least , ridiculous.
I understand the concerns of germs and such....So if the other adult does not want to shake hands ...then fine...
No handshake.

With that said...I will offer my hand as a greeting , and if it is rebuffed...then it is....I will somehow survive.
Andy

I see it with my elementary school students and get it ....as they are kids.
But two adults doing the same....it just looks and feels to me at least , ridiculous.
I understand the concerns of germs and such....So if the other adult does not want to shake hands ...then fine...
No handshake.

With that said...I will offer my hand as a greeting , and if it is rebuffed...then it is....I will somehow survive.
Andy

Loosing the handshake was something that really bothered me a year ago. I don't generally have a lot of opportunities to shake hands in daily life, but it sure seemed to leave a hole when it went away. With this crap going on I've barely had any contact with people I'd shake hands with anyway so I've got used to it, I guess. And fist bumping, shoulder bumping, elbow bumping, et-al just pisses me off when I see it. Like man buns, skinny jeans, and penny loafers with coins and no socks.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top