JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

Now I know this might sound very inexperienced, and it is.. but I am doing some research on handgun laws in WA state and my understanding is...

legal for you to carry under 21 if its your place of business

legal if youre under 21 if its unloaded in your car

also legal to carry it when you're hiking, fishing, camping, shooting, or other outdoor activity

Chapter 9.41 RCW: Firearms and dangerous weapons

So can someone please explain to me more accurately?

I also am of age and military.. I just wanted to be clear on these exceptions?

WA is open carry if your over 21 you can open carry. Yes on everything else for everything else you mentioned are exceptions for CONCEALED carry. However you may want to double check the under 21 exceptions I think ANY underage carry is ONLY allowed on Private property and possible your business but not in vehicle cause your not allowed to own it til your 21. Thats a grey area for me but I am over 21 so dont matter either. THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE

If your over 21 you might as well fork out the 50 bucks and a trip downtown and get your CPL its a cakewalk and dont have to stress getting in your car and unloading it etc then you can carry almost anywhere. Also best part is no waiting period. Like for me I picked up a pistol in longview cause it was cheapest place and I was passing thro anyway (If I had to wait a few days to pick it up the extra gas would have made it not worth it) So with the savings on one pistol I paid for my CPL.

AGAIN THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE just my suggestions and what I know you will need to re-do your homework and verify the laws that pertain to you.

Really the best advice I can give you is DONT TAKE LEGAL ADVICE from an anonamous internet forum. If you are unclear on certain laws read them, wait a day or two and try reading it again, repeat that process a few times and you should comprehend it. Otherwise you may consider calling your local PD and asking for clearification on specific laws and exceptions

Thank you! Yes I am reviewing my homework, it's mainly for my friend I am going in and getting my CPL soon, once I have the time.. but thanks for the reply!

Anytime! Also you will want to make sure your friend reads the laws himself. If he dont have internet access you can be a good friend and print it for him or suggest he get a library card (FREE) and go online and print the laws (ALSO FREE up to 10 pages!!) BUT he certainly needs to read and comprehend ALL of them. Guns are nothing you wanna second guess the laws on, especially being so young ppl (and COPS) may get the wrong idea

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top