JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So about 8:00 last night the doorbell rings. I look thru the window in the front door and see a guy about my age with a woman standing there. I had my pistol down to me side behind my right leg and I opened the door (yeah, I probably shouldn't have). The guy says "Hey, my car broke down" and started to take a step toward me. I held up my left hand and said "Just stay there." and at the same time flicked the safety off of my pistol. I don't know if it was my demeanor, body language, or if he heard the safety flick off, but he stopped in his tracks. He said "I can go somewhere else.". I said "That's OK, but what do you need?" He asked if I could call Beaverton towing for him and I said "Sure. Just stay where you are and I'll call. Got ahold of Beaverton towing and gave them my location and his info and car description. The guy said thanks and I closed the door and they went back to wait in their car. The tow truck finally arrived and towed them off.

Chapter Two:

My wife goes out to her car to go to work this morning and comes back in super PO'd. She says "Have you seen all the trash in the street and in our yard where that guy's car was parked before they towed it?". Sure enough there were old fast food bags, wrappers, and paper everywhere. I called Beaverton towing and said "Hey, do you remember that white Honda you towed from in front of my house last night?". They checked their records and said they did and I asked them where they towed it. I told them the guy who owned the car left some "papers" at my house, possibly by mistake, and I was trying to get ahold of him so he could retrieve them. They gave me the repair shop they towed it to. I called the repair shop and asked if I could have the phone number for the owner of the car as he left some papers at my house by mistake and I wanted to call him to see if he wanted them back. They gave me his phone number

The conversation went like this:

"Hello?"

"Is this George ******?"

"Yes."

"Well, my name's Steve ******. I'm the guy who helped you out by calling the tow truck last night."

"Yeah?"

"I'm looking where your car was parked and there's all kinds of trash in the street and in my yard where you were. Did you leave that there?"

"Well, it must have fallen out of the car when they were getting ready to tow it." (Yeah right)

"Well you need to get over here and pick it up."

"So it was papers and stuff? Were there any clothes?"

"YOU NEED TO GET OVER HERE AND PICK IT UP."

In about 20 minutes after I hung up he was at my house with a plastic trash bag picking the stuff up. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top