JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At 3:52 he says:
'Buying a gun is a gateway drug to leaving leftism. Gun ownership leads to immediate wisdom'.

He didn't quite 'nail it' with this statement.
As I am living proof! I get slowly more and more left as I age, but I have never stopped buying guns. It's an addiction. hahaha

To buy a gun is to acknowledge the personal responsibility for your own safety to protect yourself and your family and that the fact is the government can not protect you and ultimately won't protect you when needed.

This realization/acknowledgment of fact is the antithesis of modern leftist doctrine. So, he's not wrong in that regard, just that buying a gun doesn't make you smarter.

To buy a gun is to acknowledge the personal responsibility for your own safety to protect yourself and your family and that the fact is the government can not protect you and ultimately won't protect you when needed.

This realization/acknowledgment of fact is the antithesis of modern leftist doctrine. So, he's not wrong in that regard, just that buying a gun doesn't make you smarter.
That's why us smart ones buy more than one.

-Robert

By that logic I'm one of the smartest people on the planet!
You're in smart company.
ZomboMeme 04082021132732.jpg

-Robert

Interesting, upwards of 8m new gun owners…. Wonder how many will shift their political beliefs now that they realize the need to protect themselves and their loved ones????
As has been kicked around since this started we can hope. Ever since I started reading this I figured it was at least good. For one thing a LOT of these buyers got hit in the face with what you have to do to buy a gun. Hell of a lot of them probably believed it was easy because that was all they ever heard. There is no way a LOT of them were not shocked when they found out you do not just "order one" or walk in and pay for one and walk out. So hopefully a few may start to wonder what else have they been lied to about.
Meanwhile the people who screamed to get rid of Cops are now left to desperately stand there and say this was not their idea. Now that one is right up there with the guy who's wife walks in on him being serviced and tells Wife he is innocent. The only people who will believe this are people who desperately want to believe it.

Wonder how many will shift their political beliefs now that they realize the need to protect themselves and their loved ones????
Some may but I do NOT believe simply buying a gun is going to result in any 'landslide' changes in political beliefs.

How often have we seen libs do something (and rationalize or justify it) that is contradictory to what they believe or think and remain a staunch liberal. Libs have a very unique way of justifying something that benefits them even if it is something they previously despised.

One adverse action over a lifetime of opposing ideas is not likely to result in any major changes.

Kind of like the saying, 'One 'aw chit' wipes out a whole lot of atta boys' - when in this case it's going to take more than one 'atta boy' of buying a gun to prove to me one is 'shifting gears' politically.

Don't forget the article about the tranny that was posted and it was quoted as saying ' I am a new gun owner that hates gun owners' - and it referenced what appeared to seem like a very much 'me against them' as need for it's gun - and nothing suggested it had any plans on 'switching sides' - politically that is - it had already accomplished the other.

At 3:52 he says:
'Buying a gun is a gateway drug to leaving leftism. Gun ownership leads to immediate wisdom'.

He didn't quite 'nail it' with this statement.

In 1778, Thomas Jefferson's great uncle Randolph had a nice house.
A distinguished guest visited Randolph.

Some peasants showed up. They walked in with muddy boots and spit on the floor and commenced to talking business about flour.

After the peasants left, the guest was incredulous. He asked Randolph what was up with that?

Randolph said Welcome to America. You give these people a gun and they suddenly think and act like they are equals.

True story. https://www.loc.gov/resource/lhbtn.0987b/?sp=221

In that day, the right to arms was described as a leveller. It broke down the class distinctions that dominated Europe for preceding millenia.

Today, it makes sense for experienced gun owners to advise new gun owners that it's a good idea to get some training on the safe use and handling of firearms.
The advising role and the training role are things that free citizens should gladly accept.
Neither are a role for govt, because shall not be infringed.

We should try to do a better job in our role.

But we should also remember Randolph and Auburey in 1778.

Armed men can receive equality, but they can also demand it, and they can also forcefully obtain it.

If you're not sure what this post is about, consider this:
For 5000 years, government has always been an engine of oppression, and freedom and equality have never been achieved by any people who were unable to demand it and take it by force if necessary.
Freedom and equality have never been preserved by the rule of law alone, anywhere, ever. It has only been preserved by people able to defend it.

The left wants your guns because they intend to oppress you.
They do not want equality.
They want power.

2 cents.

In 1778, Thomas Jefferson's great uncle Randolph had a nice house.
A distinguished guest visited Randolph.

Some peasants showed up. They walked in with muddy boots and spit on the floor and commenced to talking business about flour.

After the peasants left, the guest was incredulous. He asked Randolph what was up with that?

Randolph said Welcome to America. You give these people a gun and they suddenly think and act like they are equals.

True story. https://www.loc.gov/resource/lhbtn.0987b/?sp=221

In that day, the right to arms was described as a leveller. It broke down the class distinctions that dominated Europe for preceding millenia.

Today, it makes sense for experienced gun owners to advise new gun owners that it's a good idea to get some training on the safe use and handling of firearms.
The advising role and the training role are things that free citizens should gladly accept.
Neither are a role for govt, because shall not be infringed.

We should try to do a better job in our role.

But we should also remember Randolph and Auburey in 1778.

Armed men can receive equality, but they can also demand it, and they can also forcefully obtain it.

If you're not sure what this post is about, consider this:
For 5000 years, government has always been an engine of oppression, and freedom and equality have never been achieved by any people who were unable to demand it and take it by force if necessary.
Freedom and equality have never been preserved by the rule of law alone, anywhere, ever. It has only been preserved by people able to defend it.

The left wants your guns because they intend to oppress you.
They do not want equality.
They want power.

2 cents.
I thought it was rather widespread knowledge that the reason why governments/politicians want to take away American's gun is because they want to do things that they think we would shoot them for.

I thought it was rather widespread knowledge that the reason why governments/politicians want to take away American's gun is because they want to do things that they think we would shoot them for.
My earlier comments agree with and support your prior contention that I quoted.
On purpose.
You get that, right?
I agreed with you. On purpose.
I clearly supported your general contention that the right to arms changes man for the better.
I didn't do it because you are you. I don't even know you.
I did it because the right to arms changes man for the better. And because members on a gun forum should spend some of their time supporting truth.
I gave interesting and relevant historical evidence of the same discussed concept, dating back to our founding generation, which is useful in terms of sustaining sound argument for preservation of the right to arms.

Not that it matters, but usually when I reply to a post on NWFA, my goal is discussion of broad ideas that invite discovery of common ground that is not only supported by evidence, but also palatable to most rational people.
We need unity. We need to change the current paradigm of constant bickering over things that don't matter.

When posting, my goal is usually not nitpicking just to show that I'm right and someone else is wrong.

You should try this.
You don't have to spend all of your time here trying to find ways to counter every little thing that anyone says.
Slow down and look for ways to find common ground with other members.
If you can't find common ground with rational, evidence-based content on a gun forum, where does that leave you?

When your focus is nitpicking some little phrase rather than the overall message that a member contributes, you can get caught in dumb corners.

If only half of conservatives and one-third of moderates and no liberals understand that the overriding goal of government-backed gun control is eventual oppression of freedom and rights..., then no, it's not "rather widespread knowledge."
Is it?

Dumb corner?

See. I can nitpick too.

How bout in the future, we focus on finding common ground rather than constantly trying to show someone up?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top