Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gunsmiths in the Valley (Eugene to Salem)

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Yosemite Sam, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Willamette Valley, OR Member

Does anyone know of any good gunsmiths in the Willamette Valley? I've got a couple of small jobs that are just beyond my ability, and am hoping to find someone that I don't have to ship the gun to.

Trigger work on a CZ75 and barrel indexing on a revolver are first up. If the guy is good I might have more things to do.

-- Sam

2. Fjolnirsson

Fjolnirsson Western Oregon Member

I'm told Rangemaster Gunworks is pretty good. He's on Knox Butte Road off of highway 20. When I moved here five years ago, he was closed sunday and mondays. A year later, he started staying closed on Wednesdays, due to high demand for his gunsmithing. Now he is only open 3 days a week, with the extra day spent on gunsmithing.

I stopped in Saturday to have him work on my Kel-tec, after I broke the ejector. He swapped it out on the spot, no charge. Now it was a simple operation, once I saw him do it, but he's got a custmoer in me, just for that small courtesy.

3. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I'll second Rangemaster Jeff has done alot of work for me over the last few years and I have never had to take anything back.

4. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Willamette Valley, OR Member

Is this the place about halfway between Albany and Lebanon on highway 20, at that curve/intersection? Used to be "Wildwoods", or something, years and years ago?

-- Sam

5. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Ya it ised to be Cottonwoods bubblegum years ago

6. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

Check out Koonce Custom in Salem. Great guy with a great reputation. His work is absolutely amazing!

http://kooncecustom.com/