JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did 80% of what you said above. I am going to avoid the small claims court due to the distance involved. As you know both parties have to be present when it goes before a judge. The his ruling provides for enforcement to make payment. I was actually thinking of putting a contractors lean on his house. That would really put the screws to him at a later date. That was one idea someone mentioned to me earlier.
I used to do the 'contractor lien' thing on deadbeat clients who failed to pay. Thing I found is in my State of AZ, the lien needs to be renewed every three years.

Don't forget to include 1 1/2% interest compounded monthly

A judgment lien and contractor's lien are two separate things. Both take money and time to attempt to enforce. Then you have the homestead exemptions to navigate. Unless a defendant has a stream of revenue to garnish or attach, or valuable property to levy on, it is a waste of time for a small judgment.

I did 80% of what you said above. I am going to avoid the small claims court due to the distance involved. As you know both parties have to be present when it goes before a judge. The his ruling provides for enforcement to make payment. I was actually thinking of putting a contractors lean on his house. That would really put the screws to him at a later date. That was one idea someone mentioned to me earlier.
Yeah, it's not that straight forward to file a "contractor lien" in Oregon. First, you have to be a registered contractor with BOLI and have an issued Oregon CCB# ($$$$). Then you have to show a valid contract exists that included a "notice of right to lien" section for the client to read and understand. Provided you have all that, then you have to file a "notice of intent to file a lien", then it escalates from there.

And people wonder why contractors cost so much!

You know what's fun? Ebay sellers that lie to ebay and report something you won (for a low bid) as "damaged or no longer available". Then a few days later that seller has it up for sale on ebay at a higher starting bid. All done with ebay... Had this happen dozens of times and the seller never gets in trouble...... Think you won something for a low price? NOPE.

Ebay only favors the big stores on there that pay the extra fees. If you're the little guy ebay steps all over you. I tried selling some bayonets on ebay and they pulled my listings. I got a message saying bayonets are one of the items they don't allow on their website. But there's hundreds of bayonet listings on ebay. The rules only apply to the little guys. All done with ebay that site has been corrupt for over a decade. And when you try to report it you get the run around and get an automated bot that doesn't solve the problem.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads