JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am writing this as a Disabled Veteran who was screwed over by Stocker John's. John Fittinger, 285 Alva Park Drive, Eugene Oregon (971) 570-6597. I sent a stock to him in September 2023 for installation of an adjustable comb. He sent the stock back with the botched comb and charged me for it. I disputed the charge. He requested that I send it back for him to correct. I did, and he repaired it. I sent him a check for his services, but he told the credit card company that he had corrected the problem, and they repaid him. Then they billed me. So in reality he got paid twice. He told me that he would send a refund for the check I sent him, and that was three months ago. I have tried to contact him, but he will not reply. So feel free to call him and ask him if he treats all veterans that way? I have intrigrity and tried to do what was right, and ended up getting screwed by him. I have heard from other sources that he is pretty slippery. Too late for me, he has already screwed me out of my money. Avoid dealing with this guy!!!

Resized_20230916_163614.jpeg

Oftentimes the Better Business Bureau will at least put a business on notice, if you fill out their complaint form

Next step after this is a letter to the Attorney General's office, a few times I have gotten relief from a cheating business at the hands of the attorney General

That right there is my fear of doing business long distance. At that distance the folks you are dealing with are probably fairly confident you won't come be-bopping through the door with a can of whoop arse, so it emboldens them to be less honest. I don't know if your disability restricts your mobility, but if it does, and seeing you live North of Seattle and small claims court has to be where the defendant resides.... seems to me it would likely cost you more in time, money and overall effort to even go that route. I hope you get it figured out and thank you for your service and sacrifice.

* edited to fix my foul language.... *

Out of my own morbid curiosity, how did your hear about an out of state person, and what is your experience level with Internet people?

Out of my own morbid curiosity, how did your hear about an out of state person, and what is your experience level with Internet people?
There are very few stock makers here in the PNW. I heard about him trough my local gun club. He has done work for me in the past with good results. But lately he is a changed person. From others here in the PNW I guess there is a liquid substance in play. I know the last time I talked to him at 5 pm in the afternoon he sounded impaired on the phone, and was getting pretty hot around the collar. In general people on the internet have usually been pretty nice people. It is the people at Capital One and this guy that drive me crazy. Customer service people in general are just tired of hearing problems. So plain and simple they just don't care as a general rule.

There are very few stock makers here in the PNW. I heard about him trough my local gun club. He has done work for me in the past with good results. But lately he is a changed person. From others here in the PNW I guess there is a liquid substance in play. I know the last time I talked to him at 5 pm in the afternoon he sounded impaired on the phone, and was getting pretty hot around the collar. In general people on the internet have usually been pretty nice people. It is the people at Capital One and this guy that drive me crazy. Customer service people in general are just tired of hearing problems. So plain and simple they just don't care as a general rule.
I have a personal rule of not sending more money/goods to an Internet person than I'm willing to walk away from and calling it a complete loss. That dollar value is different for everybody, and everybody must make a decision on what it is whenever dealing with Internet people.

It's a bummer that it happened, and it sounds like your guy may have been a stand up person at one point.

Substance abuse may be the reason! I don't know all I know is that he owes me money, and does not want to pay it. I felt I did right by him, and got the raw bone instead. What ever you sew, that shall you reap! Just saying.....................

Phone calls to credit card companies are like writing in water, and not only because you never get the same person on the phone twice. Send a certified letter of dispute to them. The address you need will be in the credit card agreement they sent you when you opened the account. It will probably be right beside the part that informs you "all disputes must be in writing", or words to that effect.

In your letter, clearly state that the merchant lied to get the charge reinstated by not disclosing you'd already paid in full by check. State that he has since refused to refund the over-payment to you. Enclose a copy of that paid check as well as a copy of account statement showing the reinstated charge. Keep a copy of that letter.

Don't even try to talk with the merchant on the telephone anymore. Instead, send him a certified letter clearly stating that he has been paid twice and you want the over-payment refunded to you. Support your demand with copies of your check and the reinstated charge on your credit card. Give him two weeks to make it right. Keep a copy of that letter.

One party or the other might actually take steps to return your over-payment. If not, you're at least holding the documentation needed to win a judgement in small claims court.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

At that point, you need to decide if there's any point in throwing good money after bad.

You pay to file in small claims court, you pay to have notice served, and a judgement in your favor has no power to enforce payment. True. It is only a moral victory and you're right back to demanding payment from the guy who already refused.

So, your next step is pay to file in a higher court to get that judgment enforced, and you pay to have notice served.

I did 80% of what you said above. I am going to avoid the small claims court due to the distance involved. As you know both parties have to be present when it goes before a judge. The his ruling provides for enforcement to make payment. I was actually thinking of putting a contractors lean on his house. That would really put the screws to him at a later date. That was one idea someone mentioned to me earlier.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top