JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After chatting with my business partner (Shawna) we have decided to take a small break from taking in new work. For now I'm thinking a month or two.
I am absolutely buried in work and cannot keep up and take in new work at the same time. It's absolutely overwhelming looking through all the jobs I have. You guys would be shocked if you knew the extent of it. (some of you know) 😁
114 and transfers has put me behind even more. Thankfully that has slowed down for now.

We will still take in threading jobs and continue doing transfer, but that's about it currently. I need to catch up.

Last week we took a few days off and headed to the coast. Family all had fun, but I was awake at night worrying about getting work done.

but I was awake at night worrying about getting work done.
Glad you noticed the signs to lay off a bit. Enjoy getting your head back above water. The work will be here when you want it, I'm sure. I know I'll have some barrels to cut down sometime this next winter :D

After chatting with my business partner (Shawna) we have decided to take a small break from taking in new work. For now I'm thinking a month or two.
I am absolutely buried in work and cannot keep up and take in new work at the same time. It's absolutely overwhelming looking through all the jobs I have. You guys would be shocked if you knew the extent of it. (some of you know) 😁
114 and transfers has put me behind even more. Thankfully that has slowed down for now.

We will still take in threading jobs and continue doing transfer, but that's about it currently. I need to catch up.

Last week we took a few days off and headed to the coast. Family all had fun, but I was awake at night worrying about getting work done.
Don't burn yourself out. Work doesnt trump family. Can be like tat when your the best gunsmith in the Portland area. You do a good job so it makes sense ppl want your services. Hope your taking work when I get back home in a few months, got a Ruger Mk 4 begging for a barrel chop and threaded for a can.

I understand...we've been slammed trying to keep up with ammo demand, then work late and ponder on the time off how to keep it going.

Yep, mental health is crucial for small biz people.

I'm with you

As the owner of five stents and a peptic ulcer, I can tell you that there definitely is such a thing as too much stress. Being really good at something is a great feeling. Waking up to someone doing CPR on you, not so much. Great to see that you're dealing with the stress before it deals with you.

@Velzey - take care of yourself both physically and mentally, we all need to step away at some point, let the mind decompress and relax. Take care of the family and take the time to get away as a family. Getting away from the daily grind refreshes the spirit and soul and is so very necessary.

The quality of work you do, attention to detail and value for the dollar create an unsustainable demand for your services. I have no doubt the work will always be there for you.

Take care of yourself my friend, praying blessings and peace upon you and your loved ones.

We are beyond blessed to have you. It's ok to take a turn being the one who has needs, man!

If you raised your prices, the cheapskates will go someplace else and that in theory would keep your income at the same level and reduce the workload.
Your attention to detail, honesty and craftsmanship is well known and I for one would pay more for your services.

If you raised your prices, the cheapskates will go someplace else and that in theory would keep your income at the same level and reduce the workload.
Your attention to detail, honesty and craftsmanship is well known and I for one would pay more for your services.
I 100% agree

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads