JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a Kimber ultra CDP II that I don't shoot. It got it right after I got my CHL and wish I hadn't now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gun and I'll probably hang on to it. It's got bright night sights, it's accurate, and it's very light. The problem is, I don't feel comfortable carrying a $1200 gun every day. I usually carry a Smith J frame and a couple of speed strips now. I bought it used and got a good deal, so I don't mind if it gets a ding or a scratch. And, if I'm going to the range I'd rather shoot my full sized 1911s. Live and learn I guess.

I don't have any guns I don't shoot, but I do have several that I don't shoot often. Usually because either (a) the ammo is expensive: .300 savage, 7.7 Jap, .32-20, etc.. (b) it's a collectible piece in really cherry condition: Grandpa's 1930 mfg Winchester 94- less than 500 rounds in it's whole life; or (c) it's just not plesant to shoot: 2" titanium .38.

Amazingly, I recently came into a piece that covers all 3: 1914 Webley in .455. Yikes!

-JP

Since shifting to BPCR and muzzleloading I have many guns that I don't shoot anymore.

I also have a couple that have never been fired: CZ .375 H&H Magnum and a Saiga 5.45x39mm.

I have one black powder long arm that I don't shoot anymore: 1861 Springfield riflemusket (manufactured in 1862.)

It's in great shape but I kind of look at it as a perishable bit of history and I have enough replica firearms to get me by.

Unfortunately, finding good 8mm Mauser ammo is difficult / expensive, so I just don't shoot it much. Truly sad, she was my first gun and it's the most fun to blast.

I really need to start reloading, but that's also difficult in apartments.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews