JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a Kimber ultra CDP II that I don't shoot. It got it right after I got my CHL and wish I hadn't now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great gun and I'll probably hang on to it. It's got bright night sights, it's accurate, and it's very light. The problem is, I don't feel comfortable carrying a $1200 gun every day. I usually carry a Smith J frame and a couple of speed strips now. I bought it used and got a good deal, so I don't mind if it gets a ding or a scratch. And, if I'm going to the range I'd rather shoot my full sized 1911s. Live and learn I guess.

I don't have any guns I don't shoot, but I do have several that I don't shoot often. Usually because either (a) the ammo is expensive: .300 savage, 7.7 Jap, .32-20, etc.. (b) it's a collectible piece in really cherry condition: Grandpa's 1930 mfg Winchester 94- less than 500 rounds in it's whole life; or (c) it's just not plesant to shoot: 2" titanium .38.

Amazingly, I recently came into a piece that covers all 3: 1914 Webley in .455. Yikes!

-JP

Since shifting to BPCR and muzzleloading I have many guns that I don't shoot anymore.

I also have a couple that have never been fired: CZ .375 H&H Magnum and a Saiga 5.45x39mm.

I have one black powder long arm that I don't shoot anymore: 1861 Springfield riflemusket (manufactured in 1862.)

It's in great shape but I kind of look at it as a perishable bit of history and I have enough replica firearms to get me by.

Unfortunately, finding good 8mm Mauser ammo is difficult / expensive, so I just don't shoot it much. Truly sad, she was my first gun and it's the most fun to blast.

I really need to start reloading, but that's also difficult in apartments.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top