JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well... If we had a banjo, a washboard, a metal tub and a bucket we could do a jam session at the clean n shoot Sat;).

I can keep a beat but never invested in drums.

I do not know my scales back and forth so I am no lead guitarist.

I'm mediocre at best on a good day for rhythm guitar.

Never played bass but always wanted one to fool around with.

I have an electric pos fender and amp that aren't half bad and a non electric accustic.

Oh, my daughter has a mic and amp - but I can only sing deeper and preferably gravely songs lol:p

That and I have a feeling that if we had 5-7 guys all with the same schedule availability and free time in the same general area - we would spend our "practice time" at the range or up in the forest playing with our other toys:D

I am sure guys like that could talk RIC out of a bass or two, but not like Gibson, of Fender, who literately throw truck loads of instruments at famous players.

A high school friend's husband's full-time job is as an "artist representative" for Kaman. His full-time gig is making sure that Ovation guitars are seen around the necks of the famous on stages in Nashville.

now if I only could play " Mary had alittle lamb" on the dam thing to rock out. Lol.. I do remember something about it being a different type of wood for the body and neck, giving it a different sound. Kenny was changing guitars during his performance I wish I could remember which one he played with this guitar.

Hey Keepingitreel,

You might try a website called: <broken link removed> It may take some time on your end to get an idea of value but his sight has some guitars that might compare well with yours. As you know, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay. Even though it is good guitar with added value from the signature, I don't think your going to drastically change your net worth if you try and sell it. However, it would be nice to have an idea of what it might sell for.

I'm also in Battle Ground and if you have a desire to learn to play, I would be happy to get you started. I am not a guitar instructor looking to drum up business. Just a fellow who loves guitar and is willing to help you if needed. I would suggest that if you are interested in really learning to play, that you learn on a different guitar. Then, when you are having a dinner party and want to entertain your friends, break out the cool Kenny Loggins guitar and really "wow" em!

4onthefloor

This was with either the Love Handles or Pavlov's Dog - I don't remember. You can see my Frankenstrat but not my revolver. As it should be.

Oaks Park.jpg

Last Edited:
I pick guitar and electric bass. Started back in high school, did the garage band thing for a while, mostly bass, some sax and trombone once in a while, was pretty heavy into southern rock for a while. Hung it for a number of years raising a family. My Dad sang with Sons of the Pioneers a few times, I remember that as a young kid.

Picked it back up when my kids got in high school, wanted to influence their musical tastes and played a lot of heavy metal and early 90's country in the garage and shop working on cars and doing reloading. I have been a concert junkie for years and have over 127 concerts on my list. Got to meet a lot of 90's country guys / gals when they were first starting out.

Picked up the guitar and went bluegrass for a while, but my talent is more towards rhythm than flat picking. Kind of lost my groove a bit after a major illness and have not really been able to get it back. The brain knows what to do, but getting the message to the fingers is not what it used to be, so it is pretty simple rhythms for me these days.

Do some jamming at a local guitar shop, and have a couple of back yard friends jams planned later this year. I enjoy looking for great music and deep tracks, and searching out performances on YouTube.

Getting back on my concert thing again this year. We usually hit at least 3 a year, but will do more if they are around. I am doing meet and greets now, they are spendy but probably the last shot for a lot of my favorites. We did Tom Petty in 2014, he is one of classic rocks best musicians in my opinion, The Doobies every time they come, 2014 in Lincoln City, and Lynyrd Skynyrd every chance I get too. 3rd row for them at Lincoln City last year too.

Eric Claptons Crossroads is on my bucket list, we will have to see. These old guys just keep getting better, Jack Bruce was a huge influence on my bass playing, Pat Simmons on my guitar playig.

I have loved music my whole life but never had the bug to make it, I was a young hunter and a baseball star pitcher in my youth.
My first concert was in 1972 in Jackson, Mississippi, I was 14 years old when I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I worked at a Howard Johnson motel in Macon, GA & set up a stage by the pool area for weekend concerts for local southern rock bands such as WET Willie.
I, like you have seen many, many rock concerts In my day and know I am older than dirt because the music that I love is now named "Classic Rock"...:cool::cool::cool:
Keep it alive guys!!!

I have loved music my whole life but never had the bug to make it, I was a young hunter and a baseball star pitcher in my youth.
My first concert was in 1972 in Jackson, Mississippi, I was 14 years old when I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I worked at a Howard Johnson motel in Macon, GA & set up a stage by the pool area for weekend concerts for local southern rock bands such as WET Willie.
I, like you have seen many, many rock concerts In my day and know I am older than dirt because the music that I love is now named "Classic Rock"...:cool::cool::cool:
Keep it alive guys!!!
It's funny (and indicative of age difference) I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1992, in California, and while I loved it, the crowd was small and, well, I remember some of the folks were a little long in the tooth and a little worse for wear. Not knowing too much about using hard drugs, I was amazed at a group of people who I can only surmise were using cocaine or something; I'd never seen people rock out that hard for hours on end.:eek:

California says it all right there Hoss, there's more hippies in that state than you can shake a stick at....:D:D:p
I lived through the late 60's, 70'so & 80's with druggies all around me, I did a little but never got hardcore.
Nowadays I get stoned at the concerts from 2nd hand smoke!!!
And yeah us older people know exactly how to rock out because we learned when younger...:p:p:p

California says it all right there Hoss, there's more hippies in that state than you can shake a stick at....:D:D:p
I lived through the late 60's, 70'so & 80's with druggies all around me, I did a little but never got hardcore.
And yeah us older people know exactly how to rock out because we learned when younger...:p:p:p

We invented it Jim :)

Very True!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads