JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AK-47-popular-and-High-qualityly-electric-guitar-free-shopping-custom-made-it-Customer-has-very.jpg

Played a lot when I was younger, not as much now. Spent about 15 years in the local band scene. I have a custom Hamer arch top, a Kramer Beretta I bought new in '85 or so, a blue sunburst Schon I got in about '93, an '83 Gibson Explorer , a Gibson flying V and few other misc guitars. Played a 'Paul for a lotta years, my mom worked at Apple Music back in the early '90's so I let Kelly talk me into too many guitars. I had 16 top makers guitars before I moved to the sticks, paired it down quite a bit. Used to always play through a JMP 1 with a stereo valve state going through a TSR12 w/a midi controller. Lately a '65 Fender Dual reverb a friend let go of years ago. I'm a blues lover but mostly played heavy metal/grunge in bands, I like both a lot. I love the energy of a wall of distortion. Yeah, guns guitars and cars all go together very nicely :)

I guess one way that guns, guitars, and cars are similar is not only how we collect them, but how we remember almost each and everyone we've had like it was a good dog or an old friend. And probably, wish we could of kept them all!

Got a buddy selling his FA M2 if you got the scratch for it. I'm not 100% but I think he only wants $50k.
Yeah right, maybe if I sell both kidneys . . . but then I'd have to sell the M2 for a dialysis machine. Then again, I got some pump parts around the yard I could repurpose . . . after all it's a Ma Deuce!!:D

Yeah right, maybe if I sell both kidneys . . . but then I'd have to sell the M2 for a dialysis machine. Then again, I got some pump parts around the yard I could repurpose . . . after all it's a Ma Deuce!!:D

Yup;)

I can't even afford a Beretta M1 or a Desert Eagle much less an M2 - that an I'm in WA so I can't own it anyway because it's a FA gun. That helped me get over the hurt a bit:p

You would need to set aside probably another $20k to buy ammo to feed the thing lol:D

Yup;)

I can't even afford a Beretta M1 or a Desert Eagle much less an M2 - that an I'm in WA so I can't own it anyway because it's a FA gun. That helped me get over the hurt a bit:p

You would need to set aside probably another $20k to buy ammo to feed the thing lol:D
Yeah, that's why I maintain I'm a one-shot, one thrill kind of guy. I can't afford full auto anything even if I could buy them. My pipe dream is to move to Montana, and manufacture a falling block .50 match rifle and sell them in-state. I love old actions and still think they're the most accurate, and can involve some really high quality and beautiful designs and builds, so why not make a .50 and shoot for 1/2 moa . . . at a mile (of course at those ranges one would need to move to Montana anyway!)
Then I could play my lap steel as loud as possible in the land of Big Sky. . . . okay, now I'm getting images of the latest Mad Max movie in my head . . . . guns . . . guitars . . . . hot rod off road rigs . . . . . :rolleyes:

<-- another bass player. I'm not smart enough for 5 strings. I tried it for a while but after 30 years of the top open being E, the brain would not recompute.

I watched Lynn Sorenson who plays a 5 string when he backs Paul Rodgers, down at Spirit Mountain back in 08. I was completely amazed the way he worked that thing over. We were 3rd row so I got some great looks at what he did. The brain was just not processing what I was seeing with what I was hearing.

I can sit and watch Jack Bruce on his fretless 4 string in the Royal Albert concerts back in 05, and still think he is the best there was. John Cowan who is now playing bass for The Doobie Bros is a pretty talented player as well. He has really added something to the bass lines for them. I like to cover a lot of Skynyrd and have their early bass work down pretty good, Leon Wilkinson was a pretty simple player and gave good solid back beats for a long time.

My skills more follow some pretty simplistic styles, and if I can keep the beat and make 2 or 3 simple runs in a tune I am good.

I watched Lynn Sorenson who plays a 5 string when he backs Paul Rodgers, down at Spirit Mountain back in 08. I was completely amazed the way he worked that thing over. We were 3rd row so I got some great looks at what he did. The brain was just not processing what I was seeing with what I was hearing.

I can sit and watch Jack Bruce on his fretless 4 string in the Royal Albert concerts back in 05, and still think he is the best there was. John Cowan who is now playing bass for The Doobie Bros is a pretty talented player as well. He has really added something to the bass lines for them. I like to cover a lot of Skynyrd and have their early bass work down pretty good, Leon Wilkinson was a pretty simple player and gave good solid back beats for a long time.

My skills more follow some pretty simplistic styles, and if I can keep the beat and make 2 or 3 simple runs in a tune I am good.
I'll take any bassist who is locked down and solid and can't be shaken over someone who knows a lot of fancy riffs but doesn't hold their own; that's the got to be primary foundation for any tight and competent group effort!

Also on TB although mostly a lurker now. When I was a paid member I had a patch of obsessive GAS buying that got out of hand. Now I spend former bass money on ammo...

Yeah, I am fighting the urge to sell firearms to appease my GAS. I really want a 5 string Carvin Icon. I have for a long time, but never had enough money all at one time to pull the trigger. I look on TB hoping to find a great deal on just the right bass.

I bought my Fender Premier Series bass off craigslist a few years back for $ 150. Asked he high school kid selling it if he was sure that is what he wanted for it. Yeah, not interested in playing anymore and Mom said to sell it. OK. Done.

What's a good place to have a guitars appraised ? I had a guitar given to me from Kenny Loggins that he signed at a private showing I was at a few years back. I can't even tune it but would be nice to know what it is.

What's a good place to have a guitars appraised ? I had a guitar given to me from Kenny Loggins that he signed at a private showing I was at a few years back. I can't even tune it but would be nice to know what it is.

That's a tricky one. Most of the time, autographed gift guitars are cheapies. The value is in the signature and story. I'd start with antique and collectable dealers before just going to a music shop.

Ya that's a good idea , it was the guitar he was playing that night. Never seen one like it. Pretty cool graphics over a matte finish electric guitar. I'll pull it out of the case to take a picture of it. Can't even remember the brand name.

That's a tricky one. Most of the time, autographed gift guitars are cheapies. The value is in the signature and story. I'd start with antique and collectable dealers before just going to a music shop.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top