JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And the tag.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Whats the brand?
AH epiphone.

It's about a 300 guitar, plus add only two, so maybe double that. The signature is only a value to someone who really likes Kenny, other wise, it's almost a detriment.

So if you find a Kenny Loggins rabid fan, who just HAS to have it, maybe a grand. Tops.

Its' an epi Dot studio. Finish is called a worn Cherry. It's a very nice guitar. Just not worth that much. I have an Epi as my main bass right now, paid 500-ish for it. Beats a lot of very expensive basses IMO. Kenny wouldn't be giving away an expensive guitar. So if you web search the Epiphone Dot-Studio, you will see what I am taking about. The really nice feature is the nice paint feature on the front. That is the unusual part. Plus, like I said only two made, makes it worth more. The sig, meh, maybe a good thing, probably worth more to you though. :)

Edit: If it was Jimmy Page sig, that might be worth more.

I really appreciate the info, I've downloaded a guitar tuning ap on my phone and still can't get the same thing tuned. Maybe it's just my non-musical ears though. Or maybe I'm stupid enough to think a iPhone ap can tune this guitar Lol.

Who doesn't like " Highway to the Danger Zone" :s0151:

Its' an epi Dot studio. Finish is called a worn Cherry. It's a very nice guitar. Just not worth that much. I have an Epi as my main bass right now, paid 500-ish for it. Beats a lot of very expensive basses IMO. Kenny wouldn't be giving away an expensive guitar. So if you web search the Epiphone Dot-Studio, you will see what I am taking about. The really nice feature is the nice paint feature on the front. That is the unusual part. Plus, like I said only two made, makes it worth more. The sig, meh, maybe a good thing, probably worth more to you though. :)

Edit: If it was Jimmy Page sig, that might be worth more.

I would get a new set of strings for it, maybe ask the guy at Guitar Center, or some other local shop to string it up and tune it for you. Watch how it's done. It's just like anything, takes a little practice.

edit: Oh, and don't ask them for an appraisal, they will low ball it.
But you have a really nice, almost mint piece, celebrity played, so it has some more juice than your normal Epi Dot.

BTW, I used to work at a music shop, so I kind of know how these things work.
Enjoy it. Just don't expect it to be your retirement plan :)

Last Edited:
I would get a new set of strings for it, maybe ask the guy at Guitar Center, or some other local shop to string it up and tune it for you. Watch how it's done. It's just like anything, takes a little practice.

edit: Oh, and don't ask them for an appraisal, they will low ball it.
But you have a really nice, almost mint piece, celebrity played, so it has some more juice than your normal Epi Dot.

BTW, I used to work at a music shop, so I kind of know how these things work.
Enjoy it. Just don't expect it to be your retirement plan :)

@KeepnitReel

The music shop in hazel dell off 78th st and ne 6th? Ave has an incredible in house guitar "person" not sure what he would be called.

He lowered the action on my accustic and it plays (even to a noob like me) 10x better.

Have heard other compliment his work as well so I would t hesitate to recommend him if you want the thing looked at and gussied up.

It's a small store but they have always been very honest with me.

The whole staff had a canipsion when they found out I paid $100 flat on CL and said the brand new hard case was worth more then that. Appraised the guitar around $400-500 which is consistent with what I have seen online in my research.

Whats the brand?
AH epiphone.

It's about a 300 guitar, plus add only two, so maybe double that. The signature is only a value to someone who really likes Kenny, other wise, it's almost a detriment.

So if you find a Kenny Loggins rabid fan, who just HAS to have it, maybe a grand. Tops.

Sorry, there was a mad response while I was typing my response. I agree with Garg. Not worth much as a guitar but a rich Loggins fan would snap it up.

now if I only could play " Mary had alittle lamb" on the dam thing to rock out. Lol.. I do remember something about it being a different type of wood for the body and neck, giving it a different sound. Kenny was changing guitars during his performance I wish I could remember which one he played with this guitar.

It'd be worth a fortune if you could prove he played it on a recording but I doubt it. Celebrities have literally hundreds of guitars and if famous enough, get them for free so give them away to clean house. I remember reading once that James Taylor said he gets sent an average of five guitars a week! Every guitar maker in the world would die to say that JT plays their guitar.

It'd be worth a fortune if you could prove he played it on a recording but I doubt it. Celebrities have literally hundreds of guitars and if famous enough, get them for free so give them away to clean house. I remember reading once that James Taylor said he gets sent an average of five guitars a week! Every guitar maker in the world would die to say that JT plays their guitar.

Yeah, some of the recent Beatle guitars brought a pretty penny. 1/4 mil in some cases.

It also depends on the manufacture as well. Take Rickenbacker for example. Their signature series, Tom Petty, Pete Townesend, Chris Squire, etc.. all had signature instruments. The celebrity's got one. (1), if they wanted more, they usually had to just buy them, like everyone else. Paul McCartney got One bass from them, in like 65'. I am sure guys like that could talk RIC out of a bass or two, but not like Gibson, of Fender, who literately throw truck loads of instruments at famous players.

Last Edited:
Well, it sounds like (after the thread de-rail:) ) that we could almost put a band together. Got a lot of bass players, a guitar player or two, just need a drummer, and a singer, maybe some keys... I have a PA, but will need help moving it, (I'm old and broken-can barely move my bass).
We could play the next get together!!!! LOL
:)
Come on Stomper, what do you play????? You do Karaoke??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top