JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As predicted, guns to be 2016 campaign issue; Dems eye 72-hour 'default'

Yesterday's Business Insider predicted that gun control will become a pivotal issue in the 2016 presidential campaign, while a story in The Guardian affirmed this column's prediction that anti-gunners would seek to extend the "hold" period on gun transactions beyond the current three days.

<broken link removed>

The anti's are just looking for 'anything' they can declare a 'win'. They are pathetic. None of the FFL's I deal with will release the firearm until they receive the approval number no matter how many days it takes, no exceptions. I guess there are a very few that will so the anti's are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Well, 15,000 deliveries to ineligible persons is not a mole hill, in my book, however, the question is : "whose fault is it"? I have purchased guns from 6 different dealers in my area and all wait until the "proceed", and sometimes it has taken a week or longer. It does not really matter whether it's 3 days, or 5, or 10. But there has to be a limit to prevent "stalling".

I don't understand how a database record with SS# and attached a "good to go" or "prohibited" data field would take more than a couple of seconds to query?

Remember Marysville? The dad of the kid that shot up his classmates was prohibited, but tribal courts had failed to pass the data on. There are many cracks to fall through, not enough time to check is only one of them.

My suggestion would be to allow for an extended check for first time buyers (e.g. your first purchase can take up to 2 weeks), but thereafter things should be instant. If you refuse to give your social, well then you may just have to wait.

I don't understand how a database record with SS# and attached a "good to go" or "prohibited" data field would take more than a couple of seconds to query?

I have a FFL/SOT and I cant buy a gun with my ID in oregon without a delay.
The system is a POS and need's to be tossed.

I have a FFL/SOT and I cant buy a gun with my ID in oregon without a delay.
The system is a POS and need's to be tossed.
It sounds like it needs a redo ... I wonder whether you have a "doppelgaenger" with same name and similar SS#, or maybe someone who lived at the same address as you at some point ...

15,729 firearm sales in 5 years, Out of 90 Million +++? That sounds Outstanding for a Government system.

How many guys on the Turd list are guy's like me that went out on their 18th birthday bought their very first Evil Assault weapon.
Waited the three days for the delay got the gun and 2 weeks later got a call saying I was prohibited.

Long story short 4 months later I got my letter saying I could own firearms from the FBI.

The system is ready for a 1776 reboot from top to bottom.................................................

gun%20chart_zpslw8yvm8s.png

If you could upload images I would ask the following question:

If you could outlaw either of these 2 guns, which one would it be and why?

ruger1022.jpg

416pistol.png
wow the bottom one is a scary looking assault weapon of war. it needs banned before gangsters get their hands on them to street modify.

The funny thing is, both shoot .22LR, have a 10rd magazine (and both can attach 25+ rd mags), however, the scary gun has a 9 inch barrel while the wooden plinker has a 16+ inch barrel. Which one is more dangerous, the 10/22 because it's a rifle and it's more accurate at pretty much any distance, and delivers more energy for pretty much any given ammo.

The funny thing is, both shoot .22LR, have a 10rd magazine (and both can attach 25+ rd mags), however, the scary gun has a 9 inch barrel while the wooden plinker has a 16+ inch barrel. Which one is more dangerous, the 10/22 because it's a rifle and it's more accurate at pretty much any distance.
lol. I definitely know that. that was my best feinstein :coughdevilcoughcough: impersonation.

im suprised she didnt melt at the sight of one of those, man. if she hates guns so much you would think she would ATLEAST keep her finger off the trigger. lack of trigger control gets people killed.

15,729 firearm sales in 5 years, Out of 90 Million +++? That sounds Outstanding for a Government system.

How many guys on the Turd list are guy's like me that went out on their 18th birthday bought their very first Evil Assault weapon.
Waited the three days for the delay got the gun and 2 weeks later got a call saying I was prohibited.

Long story short 4 months later I got my letter saying I could own firearms from the FBI.

I will tell you after running hundreds of background checks on staff and contractors working in the prison system as well as reviewing thousands of rap sheets on convicted felons/inmates/parolees that you would be surprised at the number of reasons you might be flagged. I have seen inmates convicted of identity theft that had more than 50 social security numbers affiliated with their file and dozens of aliases as well. This means that if you have a common name or were unfortunate enough to have one of these criminals randomly spit out your social security number or name in an attempt to avoid a warrant/arrest you will be flagged. You would think that the FBI would figure a way to fix this problem but they really aren't interested. The likelyhood of them even remembering any of those social security numbers or even the names they used trying to avoid another arrest are minimal at best considering they were caught using them so I don't get the long term affiliation of that information bleeding over to the gun purchasing side of background checks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe we should all just get a micro chip implant to make it easy to identify ourselves. ( Just kidding )

It's not just gun purchases, Traffic stops are also included.
Warrants for $hit I didn't do out of other states that I have had to deal with also.

When a local system cant even pull a mug shot of the Federal system there is a problem. ( NCIC )

A BIG PROBLEM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe we should all just get a micro chip implant to make it easy to identify ourselves. ( Just kidding )

It's not just gun purchases, Traffic stops are also included.
Warrants for $hit I didn't do out of other states that I have had to deal with also.

When a local system cant even pull a mug shot of the Federal system there is a problem. ( NCIC )

A BIG PROBLEM
Maybe worth asking the SSA whether you can get a new SS#, if that's the source of your problem. Otherwise your Blade Runner suggestion is not bad ;-) We chipped our cats.

Questions that should be asked during Republican debate

Tonight's much-anticipated Republican debate will cover lots of ground, but there are some questions that might not be asked that really should be if any of these candidates expect to fire up gun owners and keep them active to the election next year.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top