JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
82nd Ave. it's the old guy who wears the old army cap and safari shorts... feel bad 'cause he just has a screw loose. Tho you're right, it would only take some maroon paint and you couldn't tell the difference... unless you think about the weight every time you pick up a round. I informed a good clerk to inform the manager later. Don't want to cause a seen with a guy like that. LoL
"HERE LET ME SELL YA THIS AT GUN POINT! ISN'T STARING DOWN THE BARREL OF A LOADED GUN INTIMIDATING!" LMFAO
I know who you're talking about, and that's a pretty serious accusation. Did you talk to a manager, and ask them to review the security camera footage?

My quotation is an exaggeration meant for comical sake. I honestly don't think he was fully aware of what he was doing.
Although I didn't consult anybody that day. I honestly didn't feel like making it an issue because he is a nice guy, especially if he isn't behind the counter... He just needs to remember where to point a gun and listen to his customers.

Last Edited:
My quotation is an exaggeration meant for comical sake. I honestly don't think he was fully aware of what he was doing.
Although I didn't consult anybody that day. I honestly didn't feel like making it an issue because he is a nice guy, especially if he isn't behind the counter... He just needs to remember where to point a gun and listen to his customers.
I read your original post on the topic, and my concern is about the event itself, not the "comical exaggeration." You're making a claim of a serious safety violation, and without reporting it, you're doing a disservice to him, that company, and every single person that walks up to that counter. You need evidence to either support your claim, give him the opportunity to disprove it. Otherwise he'll be demonized by the court of public opinion. What day/time did the event occur?

Do you actually want to know, or are you suggesting that I report it with that information?
I suggest you report it as long as they're still within whatever their security system cycles at. If the footage is gone, then he doesn't have a chance to clear his name, and that's not fair.

First off just wanted to say wow... just wow. I cannot belive the clerk would take out his hand gun, put in a snap cap and point it at you and your GFs face.

The first thing I would've done would instantly tell him to put his gun back or down. Followed by chewed his A$$ out, And possibly even called the police as that would make me feel very threatened.

People like that have no reason being around a guns let alone selling them!
Can you imagine an oops thought that was the snap cap round while you or your gf were shot in the head.

I'm glad to hear neither of you we're shot in the face. That's just stupidity and dangerous bundled into on package there. That's is why I prefer ma and pa shops as they usually have more common sense...usually.

Which sportmans warehouse was it at? I want to make sure I never go to that one especially.

Jp
There was no indication that the gun he put a snap cap in was his own, in the posting. It said he loaded a snapcap into a Springfield XD. It's highly probable he meant one from the display wall. Your anger is ill placed, and we don't have security footage to review. Just half a story.

I was not angry at all.... I was shocked, and yes I was just going off what I had read.
It really doesn't matter if he put a snap cap in his own gun, or a gun on the wall.
Putting a snap cap in a gun and pointing it at anyone( unless training and etc)is just dangerous and stupid.

Last Edited:
The first thing I would've done would instantly tell him to put his gun back or down. Followed by chewed his A$$ out, And possibly even called the police as that would make me feel very threatened.

People like that have no reason being around a guns let alone selling them!
Can you imagine an oops thought that was the snap cap round while you or your gf were shot in the head.

I'm glad to hear neither of you we're shot in the face. That's just stupidity and dangerous bundled into on package there. That's is why I prefer ma and pa shops as they usually have more common sense...usually.

Which sportmans warehouse was it at? I want to make sure I never go to that one especially.

Jp
Cussing, threatening to call the police, saying he has no place around guns. All emotionally charged responses; shock maybe, but stemming from anger. Own up to your words instead of denying them out of hand. Or don't. I'm not your mother.
I was not angry at all.... I was shocked, and yes I was just going off what I had read.
It really doesn't matter if he put a snap cap in his own gun, or a gun on the wall.
Putting a snap cap in a gun and pointing it at anyone( unless training and etc)is just dangerous and stupid.
What exactly do you think a snap cap does? It protects the internal firing mechanism from wear and tear, and many employees there have a pocket full of them for various calibers. The act of putting a dummy round in a gun does not increase the likelihood of a negligent discharge. I would consider it to be a safe bet to say that none of them are walking around with live rounds in their pockets.

Cussing, threatening to call the police, saying he has no place around guns. All emotionally charged responses; shock maybe, but stemming from anger. Own up to your words instead of denying them out of hand. Or don't. I'm not your mother.

What exactly do you think a snap cap does? It protects the internal firing mechanism from wear and tear, and many employees there have a pocket full of them for various calibers. The act of putting a dummy round in a gun does not increase the likelihood of a negligent discharge. I would consider it to be a safe bet to say that none of them are walking around with live rounds in their pockets.

:cool:

Well, I went back in there today and none of that silly business like before. I'd say he has been consulted and the issue resolved. Subtlety suggesting that the manager be addressed about it seemed to be all that was necessary. Play nice people.

ps: he's actually a really nice guy, just pointed that gun in a bad direction.

Last Edited:
I see this is about things pertaining to FGOs now and is open to all so here goes!

Sometimes they just hang around with no real purpose other than to brag and cut others down.

Other times they actually work behind the counter with their bad attitude and opinions!:eek:

I get the feeling they assume most women and a lot of men are totally ignorant about firearms and I have seen/heard a few things that prove it. My opinion is these guys probably don't know so much and hurt us all by alienating potential gun enthusiasts aka VOTERS!

Now some of the "know it alls" really do know a lot and aren't jerks and can be helpful but I imagine a lot of females avoid getting into guns because gun shop jerks.

Do you ladies feel under the microscope when in a gun shop looking to buy a gun?
Have you felt intimidated by these types before?

Ya, I have met, believe it or not, Know it all jerk WOMEN behind the counter. She was being evaluative, insulting and know best about a comment I made. I recognized immediately she was a WOAT (learned that on Conan last night)...and It was so shocking I laughed in her face -- Despite whether her opinion was correct, warranted, or even appropriate, she was so arrogant, I walked away and literally asked for the employee who is ultra helpful by name once I established his name. Also, same shop, different time, their was a know it all jerk MAN who was so short, arrogant, and rude, when I brought my son in law in, he was like, "why do you even do business here? they are not "cool guys this site won't let me post that word" and I again asked for my favorite employee so we could get him a birthday present gun. Unfortunately, the first jerk was so rude, my son in law chose to purchase at Cabelas!!

Why don't we see anything like this over here in yUK?

In my experience nothing like this has ever happened to me, and I've not heard of it happening to anybody else, either.

It's most likely because when I go into a gun store I know what I'm going in for, and so rarely buy any kind of a gun that the likelihood of having some klutz point one at me for that blinding split-second before he is wearing it over his head is slight indeed.

tac

Why don't we see anything like this over here in yUK?

In my experience nothing like this has ever happened to me, and I've not heard of it happening to anybody else, either.

It's most likely because when I go into a gun store I know what I'm going in for, and so rarely buy any kind of a gun that the likelihood of having some klutz point one at me for that blinding split-second before he is wearing it over his head is slight indeed.

tac
Thats really great that you haven't experienced bad service, maybe in the UK customer service and manners is taught in school. It really isn't whether you are in the know or not, regarding technology, guns, cars, whatever...its whether they are good customer service relation people. I also encounter jerky people in other types of business. That is why when I find a rocking business with stellar service points, I stick with them.

There are a ton of these threads on here. Sadly it never gets enough discussion it seems.

I have worked behind a counter and I have shopped in front of one. There is no good way about it. The firearm industry is it's own kind of special when it comes to personalities.

My best advice to anyone shopping at any gun store. Take a deep breathe walking in, listen, don't talk too much, be nice, and hope they do the same. Don't be rude if you know more, don't ego up the conversation, let the person do what he is paid to do whether you like it or not. If your really worried about it, approach the buyer away from the salesperson and give some counsel if they want it, always ask if they want counsel first though.

Thing about advice is, if its not wanted, its not wanted.

If we all treat each other better as gun owners regardless of our knowledge, skill, etc. Maybe we can better our image?
FANTASTIC advice!! I work for a business consulting firm, and truthfully, these are the basics in any service industry, for any employee to give shiny stellar service!

Thats really great that you haven't experienced bad service, maybe in the UK customer service and manners is taught in school. It really isn't whether you are in the know or not, regarding technology, guns, cars, whatever...its whether they are good customer service relation people. I also encounter jerky people in other types of business. That is why when I find a rocking business with stellar service points, I stick with them.

Through personal experience (YMMV) I'd recommend Curts, Oregon City Fred Meyer, and NW Armory. All three were great when Mrs. 3M was shoping for her first pistol. All three have female staff, and I've never gotten a condescending blip from any of them.

Through personal experience (YMMV) I'd recommend Curts, Oregon City Fred Meyer, and NW Armory. All three were great when Mrs. 3M was shoping for her first pistol. All three have female staff, and I've never gotten a condescending blip from any of them.
Awesome Done and Done!! I love love love referrals, as the best places are found through word of mouth. Thank you so much!!! I wasn't aware Oregon City Fred Meyer had guns though....I can't wait to check it out. I really also love Fred Meyers for the service I get, as well as Les Schwab, United Airlines, and BiMart of all places. Every one the places I go give excellent amazing service!!

Awesome Done and Done!! I love love love referrals, as the best places are found through word of mouth. Thank you so much!!! I wasn't aware Oregon City Fred Meyer had guns though....I can't wait to check it out. I really also love Fred Meyers for the service I get, as well as Les Schwab, United Airlines, and BiMart of all places. Every one the places I go give excellent amazing service!!

The gun counter is in sporting good near the garden center. When Mrs. 3M and I went there they had not one but two very helpful ladies working there. I just let the three talk and look at pistols. I listened in for a while to make sure they knew their stuff, then window shopped the other guns.

BTW, every once in a while they have KSG's if you are into shotguns.

The gun counter is in sporting good near the garden center. When Mrs. 3M and I went there they had not one but two very helpful ladies working there. I just let the three talk and look at pistols. I listened in for a while to make sure they knew their stuff, then window shopped the other guns.

BTW, every once in a while they have KSG's if you are into shotguns.
HOLY COW I feel like I just discovered the yellow brick road, thank you soooooooooo much. I am not into shotguns, (yet) but love revolvers, and old west rifles.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top