JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing wrong if someone wants to meet me at a local range, pay my fee and theirs to test fire my gun in my presence, that they want to purchase. Just like test driving a used car I want to buy. I have sold about 30 guns or so over the last 20 years. Have let someone test fire like this twice. Not a thing unusual or weird about the request.

I have sold about 30 guns or so over the last 20 years. Have let someone test fire like this twice. Not a thing unusual or weird about the request.
"20 years ago" <<< This makes a helluva difference. Many, many more ready to be violent, murderous people walking the streets these days. That's just this mans opinion after walking the earth for 66 years and 3 months.

Last Edited:
You didn't quite read my post right....maybe I should have been more clear... I didnt ever say "20 years ago"... I said "over the last 20 years"...which includes last week.... the last time I met someone on the range to shoot a gun they wanted to tryout and buy, was about 2 years ago
.. then after, I dropped it off at a local FFL where that person paid for a transfer and went thru the state background check before he was able to purchase it.

You didn't quite read my post right....maybe I should have been more clear... I didnt ever say "20 years ago"... I said "over the last 20 years"...which includes last week.... the last time I met someone on the range to shoot a gun they wanted to tryout and buy, was about 2 years ago
.. then after, I dropped it off at a local FFL where that person paid for a transfer and went thru the state background check before he was able to purchase it.
I read your post fine. I'm inferring that a much larger portion of society has into the toilet than 20 years ago. Or two years ago for that matter.

Shopping with a bud as a youngster for a shotgun, my bud asked the shop owner if he could see it fire, shop owner led us around back to a buried piece of plastic tubing & after placing the barrel in the tube, he discharged one round & a sale was made--

It was the ugliest green pump shotty I ever did see

And I've long since given up on tire-kickers, fakes, and flakes, in various spheres, including this one. There's always another buyer who isn't a clown just down the way ...
That's right. If I get a sense like the buyer is a weirdo or a time waster I will just sell it to the next guy in line or wait a couple weeks for another buyer. There's no sense in dealing with people like that. This is not OfferUp. Money talks but time is more valuable.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews