JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As I've posted elsewhere, I have a Huntsman 24-gun safe & currently have 43 firearms, mostly handguns. I bought a new Liberty Fatboy 48-gun safe today but I've been thinking about ways to maximize the interior space of any safe. Have you seen narrow pull-out spice racks for kitchen cabinets? If I had the tools, materials and most of all the skills I'd build a frame inside the safe & use narrow pull-outs with pegboard in the center. I could hang my pistols on hooks and/or have shelves for magazines and all the other stuff we acquire.
The slide-out hardware is easy to find so if anyone is interested in doing some custom cabinetry work please PM me.

If money was no object I'd have Vault Pro build me something. But then I'd probably be forced to buy more guns. :)

One simple trick that works for me is pulling the bolts from the bolt guns and setting them on the top shelf. This way the bolt guns are a lot narrower and can be placed close to each other without worries about banging the gun next to the one you are pulling out or putting in.

Your first mistake was getting the Liberty Fayboy-48.... o_O
You should have gotten the Fatboy-64!!! :D

Yeah, well I'm a slow learner. I like to rotate my safes every year or so.
My Huntsman is supposed to hold 24 guns, which it will (and more) if I just had handguns. I have 3 or 4 AR's, 3 bolt guns & a Daisy BB gun. I've seen & considered the barrel rods but there still isn't enough room for my long guns because they have scopes, etc. Taking the bolts out is a good idea also - I'll see how things work out once I'm moved to the new place.

One issue is interim storage. I can't buy another house until this one sells and the new place will need work before I can move in. I have a place to live and the furniture will go into storage but I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to move my safe twice and/or put it in storage with my guns in it. Since I consider everyone on this site my friend I'm sure there'd be plenty of volunteers to store my guns for me......

I have a crap load of ammo in various calibers but at least they're all in boxes or ammo carriers - or both - and my current mini-storage unit is temp controlled. I'd be OK with storing the ammo there but it might violate the T's & C's but I'll never tell.

Sorry shotgun lovers -- I don't have any for you to store. But I'm thinking about getting a Serbu to open carry at Costco. o_O

Would these help?

IMG_0266.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Fixxxer-Hang...d=1477815082&sr=8-3&keywords=Gun+safe+hangers

Liberty makes a great door organizer the one for the 48" holds 10 pistols. If thats not enough they make the rods that slide over your shelves to hold more. They both work great but I chose the door organizer for my Liberty Fat boy. ;)

I bought a set of those but they were too large to fit a .22 pistol on. Sort of stupid to make them that size b/c of how popular that caliber is.
Liberty makes a great door organizer the one for the 48" holds 10 pistols. If thats not enough they make the rods that slide over your shelves to hold more. They both work great but I chose the door organizer for my Liberty Fat boy. ;)

I still have a box of these racks by Hyskore but I don't really like them because they take up a lot of space for the number of pistols they hold. Before I bought my Huntsman 24 gun safe I had an 8 gun cabinet from
Bi-Mart but gave it to my brother in law. Hyskore makes these racks & they come highly recommended by a friend in FL.

My Fatboy comes with a door organizer but I have a disease called 'Modificitus' - I have to customize everything I own so I'll check back in with details in a few months. I have to sell this house, buy a foreclosed one near McMinnville & fix it up before I can even take delivery of the new safe.

Safes I've had, all came with thick MDF covered in carpet, in there just to add weight to boast about in sales brochures.
It's the 1st thing I remove and rebuild/redesign the interior for what I want to store in there

Safes I've had, all came with thick MDF covered in carpet, in there just to add weight to boast about in sales brochures.
It's the 1st thing I remove and rebuild/redesign the interior for what I want to store in there

Preach it brother!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads