JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
According to Ginny if you have kid's you shouldn't even have a right to own a gun and "hundreds of rounds of ammunition". Notice they are all harping on the amount of ammunition now days. Look for a maximum allowed ammunition Bill to be floated soon!

<broken link removed>

PORTLAND – After an Oregon senator expressed her stance on gun control laws in light of the recent school shooting in Troutdale, she says she received a death threat.
Senator Ginny Burdick (D-Portland) is a longtime promoter of tougher gun laws and she said the shooting at Reynolds High School Tuesday is the latest example of why.
More: <broken link removed>
On Friday, she talked to KGW about the questions the latest shooting raised.
"What is somebody with a house full of kids doing with an AR-15 and hundreds of rounds of ammunition? That's question number one," Burdick said. "Question number two is how on earth did they allow this kid to get access to this gun? They not only lost their son but another family lost their beloved son."
On Friday, Burdick said she received a veiled death threat in the form of a voicemail.
"I do not like bullies," she said. "I won't let the bullies win, and I feel very strongly about that."
Burdick said she turned the voicemail over to Oregon State Police and they were investigating the threat.
On Saturday, Mayor Charlie Hales said he stands with Burdick on the issue of gun control.
"I share her sorrow over this tragedy, her commitment to see that it doesn't happen again, and her anger over these unimaginable acts of violence," Hales said.

I really hope this out of touch ol bats timing of trying to exploit this tragedy at a terribly hard time for this family backfires on her!!!........From everything being reported so far this family tried to do the right thing and still evil rose up and killed two kids............The only way to stop a "bad" kid with a gun (intent on killing his peers) is a for a "good" armed resource officer to intervene.....

If all these gun grabbing politicians would focus to the true cause of violence, there efforts might actually make a difference. Way more kids are killed in gang violence every day than all the so called mass shooting. Thinking that they can rid America of guns is a delusional thought. They need to do a reality check and do something that will actually make a difference. Oh, but that is too hard for them to think about so they just try and trim the top off the weed and believe it will not grow back.

Burdick's ...and most all politician's problem is that they can't figure out a way to legislate good parenting.

Good parents instill self-worth, show their children to respect the irrevocable power of weapons and to handle guns safely.

Good parents help their kids realize that their feelings about themselves should not be based on the weakness of other kids, but instead on the strength of their own characters.

Instead, people like DiFi and Burdick are trying to intervene in the process of parenting with rules and regulations focusing on the tools, instead of on the carpenters.

A strategy bound to fail. Has failed and will always fail because it's a premise based on the fallacy: that the guns are responsible for the behavior.

So when my 15 year old is (legally allowed) to be home alone and any police presence is 40 minutes away he just gets to be raped and murdered by the intruders instead of defending himself with the 12ga?

Hey, Ginny, OREGON isn't all PORTLAND, GTFO of my home.

Funny, one of the comments states that the NRA kill machine is out to taint the results of the poll. Really? I don't think the NRA would even give a rats a$$ about a poll in a local paper. The issue continues to be that they ignore the fact that there are roughly 100,000,000 gun owners in this country, and the numbers show that number is on the rise, not decline. And if Obama keeps flapping his gums about gun control again, that number is simply going to go up even more. Part of me hopes he tries it again, just to get even more people pissed off and involved in the fight to protect our rights. I'd love to see him go down in flames yet again - and he can take Ginny Burdick with him.

"I do not like bullies," she said. "I won't let the bullies win, and I feel very strongly about that."

But she is willing to be a bully, and force you to do what she wants....typical

Her and her kind's obsession with trying to CONTROL everybody (especially on guns!), is why people are buying guns in record numbers. People "stockpile" guns & ammo in anticipation of the next asinine anti-gun bill these idiots will try to impose.
For all we know the guns used in the last incidents would never have been bought and were hastily purchased because of Ginny's anti-gun rhetoric. Using her own stupid logic, blood is on her hands for creating a gun buying panic!

Her and her kind's obsession with trying to CONTROL everybody (especially on guns!), is why people are buying guns in record numbers. People "stockpile" guns & ammo in anticipation of the next asinine anti-gun bill these idiots will try to impose.
For all we know the guns used in the last incidents would never have been bought and were hastily purchased because of Ginny's anti-gun rhetoric. Using her own stupid logic, blood is on her hands for creating a gun buying panic!
I wish there was a public comment section (I dont have facebook)
But Id like to point out to Ginny as well as her cronies and all the low information folks that what she's proposing doing it illegal, bigoted and harassment against law abiding tax paying individuals.
As I do on every post with anti gun folks, I love pointing out to the gun grabbers that their own word is the definition hey fall under.. Bigot.

And if feels great to call them that.
:) the look of utter shock is priceless as the rusty dusty gears of logic begin to turn again in their minds.. Some that haven't turned in a while, and some for the very first time.

It usually leads to them becoming overwhelmed and getting nose bleeds..

When you surround yourself and associate ONLY with like minded people who parrot the same political and ideological views your whole life, it messes up your reasoning abilities.
I wonder what the "veiled death threat" actually was this time. Anybody who disagrees with her and will not be shut down is a bully in her mind.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top