JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today after making ammo all morning I decided to run out to the BLM gravel pile and shoot my Sig 229 in 357 Sig. I've recently started wearing prescription eye glasses and wanted to see if I could shoot with them or not. I'm happy to report not having to aim fuzzy sights at an even fuzzier target helped quite a bit. I only shot 50 rounds and was shooting at left over clay pigeon chips but towards the end was feeling like my old self where I'd line up the sights on a spot and hit it almost without effort. Good times.

Yesterday I finally got the Springfield SA-35 that I had been lusting after. I brought it home and cleaned and lubed it up. Today I took it and my Glock 32 that I've been tinkering with to the wet and cold range for a bit of lets see how they shoot. The range I belong to is in the south Eugene hills so I saw a couple Deer and Turkeys on the drive. Any way I shot the Springfield first and made a fist sized group a little low and to the right. I'm left handed so that's to be expected before a sight adjustment. I shot 60 rounds without any problems. It's a fun gun but left me with a just another 9mm feeling. All others pale in comparison to my SAO Shadow 2. Still and all it's a keeper if for no other reason than it''s the gun JMB was working on when he died. It' smaller and lighter than the CZ or my 1911's so it'll carry easier at the BBQ.
On to the Gen 4 Glock 32 in .357 Sig. Man I like this caliber in this gun. Last night I'd installed a set of Dawson sights, red fiber optic front and black adjustable rear. Once at the range I could see I was hitting a bit high so a couple clicks later I was tearing the bullseye out of the target at 20 yds. The last couple magazines I emptied flipping the 25 yd dueling tree plates back and forth. Now I'm glad I kept this gun it''s very fast, accurate and easy to shoot.

Last Edited:
You motivated me oremike,
Shot the 10/22 - I need to sight that in.
sd40 always fun
carry piece
and the Beretta m9 in .22, if you don't yet own a Beretta, I highly recommend it, quality is top notch.

We did a group shoot after the 4/19 Marys Peak clean up. Couple people only their second time and 1 first timer I think he said. Everyone shared what they brought. Really a great time with co-workers getting to know them more as a person.
My favorite picture from a drone. I was on the right with the 45-70 perfect timing. Zoom in a little to see the smoke cloud. Ammo was from @oremike.
1000003228.jpg 1000003230.jpg 1000003231.jpg

You motivated me oremike,
Shot the 10/22 - I need to sight that in.
sd40 always fun
carry piece
and the Beretta m9 in .22, if you don't yet own a Beretta, I highly recommend it, quality is top notch.
I had a Beretta 96 for a while, I'm not sure why I don't anymore. It was a good gun with no issues as I recall.

We did a group shoot after the 4/19 Marys Peak clean up. Couple people only their second time and 1 first timer I think he said. Everyone shared what they brought. Really a great time with co-workers getting to know them more as a person.
My favorite picture from a drone. I was on the right with the 45-70 perfect timing. Zoom in a little to see the smoke cloud. Ammo was from @oremike.
View attachment 1870371View attachment 1870372View attachment 1870373
Let me know when the next clean up you do is and I'll help or at least donate some ammo for the good of the order. Bill you too, I can donate a couple boxes to shoot up or even as drawing prizes.

Edited to add: The clean up I helped with out east I brought my 45-70 along for the after clean up shoot and it was very popular with all that shot it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top