JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dont-tred-300x199.jpg

Oregon's new gun confiscation ballot measure has been filed. You can read the language here.

Get ready for the fight of our lives.

The post GUN CONFISCATION BALLOT MEASURE FILED. READ IT HERE. appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

Do they have the signatures yet to get it on the ballot?

They have to have 1,000 signatures up front to get approved to collect the signatures they need to make it a ballot measure. They need 88,000 valid signatures to make that happen - according to Rep. Bill Post, that means they'll need to likely collect upwards of 120,000 signatures to make up for the bad signatures that will get tossed out. Plus we have Dennis Richardson at SOS, so he's certainly not going to give them any room for error. Once approved by the SOS to begin collecting signatures, which could start soon, they'll have until July to collect those signatures. So we won't likely know until at least July if this will actually be on the ballot in November.

There are at least 2 other threads about this on NWFA - with a lot of posts about it.

They have to have 1,000 signatures up front to get approved to collect the signatures they need to make it a ballot measure. They need 88,000 valid signatures to make that happen - according to Rep. Bill Post, that means they'll need to likely collect upwards of 120,000 signatures to make up for the bad signatures that will get tossed out. Plus we have Dennis Richardson at SOS, so he's certainly not going to give them any room for error. Once approved by the SOS to begin collecting signatures, which could start soon, they'll have until July to collect those signatures. So we won't likely know until at least July if this will actually be on the ballot in November.

There are at least 2 other threads about this on NWFA - with a lot of posts about it.

I hope they don't get the signatures, but I am betting they will.

Whether they get the votes or not may be less of a sure thing.

This is really worrisome to me.

The timing is not good either. If it was three years from now I would be a little less concerned as I intend to declare residency in S. Dakota when I retire, but still, even then, it would be a real PITA to deal with.

This is really worrisome to me.

The timing is not good either. If it was three years from now I would be a little less concerned as I intend to declare residency in S. Dakota when I retire, but still, even then, it would be a real PITA to deal with.

My fear is if this fails to make it to the ballot, or if it made it and failed in the election, that in 2019, the legislature, assuming they retain their majority (not guaranteed, but likely), will simply force this through as a law - meaning we have little to no chance to stop it at that point - unless something big changes in Oregon.

My fear is if this fails to make it to the ballot, or if it made it and failed in the election, that in 2019, the legislature, assuming they retain their majority (not guaranteed, but likely), will simply force this through as a law - meaning we have little to no chance to stop it at that point - unless something big changes in Oregon.
That too.

I hope they don't get the signatures, but I am betting they will.

Whether they get the votes or not may be less of a sure thing.

I have zero faith in the Oregon voter, especially with the non-stop campaign of children demanding knee-jerk gun bans,,,

I think it's way too much to ask, even for demokkkRats, but who knows. I do believe they are celebrating this behind closed doors though,,,

I have zero faith in the Oregon voter, especially with the non-stop campaign of children demanding knee-jerk gun bans,,,

I think it's way too much to ask, even for demokkkRats, but who knows. I do believe they are celebrating this behind closed doors though,,,

Getting Democrats to vote against this ballot measure is a real possibility. I've been talking to a number just this week and they are on board with voting no - all of them are AR owners. This is different from selecting a rep in Salem - this is a single issue. And if we can help get them on our side, it's possible to defeat the measure. Change things in Salem? That's a different story.

Agreed. Pols don't want to be held accountable, so personally I think we stand a better chance with the current pols than with voters. I can't speak for 2019, but if voters vote it down then this kind of sets a mandate for the pols.

I believe there may be enough people in Oregon above an age they could remember the Bill of Rights. Hopefully they will be as disgusted as we are.

Time to start buying air time. We don't have anyone to fall back on. We have to do our own commercials and billboards around PDX, Beaverton & Salem.

Does anyone know the name of the person who wrote that document?

If this passes it destroys all handgun competition and NRA highpower matches.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top