JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe I missed it as I often do but are any of the state's banning bump stocks or ARs paying folks for their property? Its confiscation of what was bought legally so how is it that it's called contraband and the state doesn't pay?

Section 9: Limits on Congress
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

Section 10: Limits on the States
Clause 1: Contracts Clause

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

I'm no lawyer or Democrat, but according to that piece of paper they keep wiping their asses with, they cannot ban anything retroactively. Any turn-ins would have to be voluntary. Payment would have to be written into any law passed and budgeted accordingly.

It would't stop them from trying, but my belief is it would get tied up in courts and hopefully, with friendly justices, they would strike it down.

pretty much every proposed ban i have seen allows you to keep what you have. Its just yours for good, unless you loose it, and somebody else finds it. Perhaps they could make a donation to your recovery funds.

Edit, bump stocks may be different, I dont really care enough to look into those issues.

pretty much every proposed ban i have seen allows you to keep what you have. Its just yours for good, unless you loose it, and somebody else finds it. Perhaps they could make a donation to your recovery funds.

Edit, bump stocks may be different, I dont really care enough to look into those issues.

Not speaking of any particular statute but....

In order to tell a pre ban from a post ban...well, REGISTER them. I guess if you register one....it probably means that you also have the rifle to fit. See how that works?

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top