JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They must have crapped their pants when they saw how many challenges there were to their POS ballot title.

Don't be fooled though, if they fail this year, they'll be back, probably with a Kate Brown signed change to the petition process, as an emergency, of course. They won't make the same mistake twice.

Nah, Knute will be the governor next year. :D

Kate can still do an aweful lot of damage between now and January before the transfer of power, so we need to be watching her like hungry hawk's and hold her feet to the fire on any thing she tries! She has proven to be a very slippery snake, so don't let her slip any thing past with out a reckoning!
Seriously, we need to really watch her!

Nah, Knute will be the governor next year. :D

In actuality, it probably won't matter if he wins. If the voters of Oregon give the Democrats in Salem a super majority, like they did 4 years ago, they will have veto override power - which means Knute is neutered. For that reason, the legislative races are just as, if not more important, than the governor's race.

What makes anyone think that these signature gathers are playing by the rules? They can use predated (Forged) documents!!!
Don't trust em as fare as you could throw em..:rolleyes:

News story today at 1:00 on 860 AM said the IP43 antis had received a ballot title for their assault weapon ban and were gathering signatures.

I don't know if they are gathering signatures or not, but I can imagine every unhinged loony anti in the state is looking to see how they can sign the petition.

News story today at 1:00 on 860 AM said the IP43 antis had received a ballot title for their assault weapon ban and were gathering signatures.

I don't know if they are gathering signatures or not, but I can imagine every unhinged loony anti in the state is looking to see how they can sign the petition.
Can't collect as long as there's a pending case in the Oregon Supreme Court... Sorry...

Way to set a legal precedent. I'd say we start a initiative to require every Oregonian to own a AR15 and title it "stop the puppy stomping epidemic" and collect signatures before the title is approved. We can collect signatures at colleges

they wont read it just sign

What makes anyone think that these signature gathers are playing by the rules? They can use predated (Forged) documents!!!
Don't trust em as fare as you could throw em..:rolleyes:

the elections department gives them a PDF of the approved signature form to print. It would be difficult to replicate that without a title and then add the new title later.

If would be easier for them to just have a list of voters and try to get fake signatures past the elections department. The percentage that they check (10% of so) are checked for signatures on file at the voter registration file.

OFF's recall petition attempt, the elections office reviewed a few hundred, decided what percentage of the signatures or names were wrong, and then applied that percentage to the rest of the signature forms without reviewing them and invalidated the recall.

So fraud can also be done within the elections department as well.

Collecting legitimate signatures ahead of time is actually the most difficult fraud process. Much easier to just write in names and fake signatures and just pay off someone in the elections department to validate them sight unseen.

If they get to collect signatures, they will most certainly get the initiative on the ballot one way or another. The process once the forms hit the election department is not transparent.

Unless the Or. Court fast tracks this, they will likely miss the cut off date for gathering signatures. Worst case, the Court does fast track this, rules it as good to go, and sides with the A.G. and allows it to go forward with the gathering of signatures, then the whole fraud thing comes into play, not likely with the sitting SOS, but you never know! We also may have to contend with Gov'ness Kate and her penchant for midnight executive emergency action which may side step the election rules and allow the gathering of signatures before the Court rules! This is a dangerous play for an incumbent to try, but as we know full well, it's well within her wheel house to play despite the risk. The biggest one is ether the A.G. or the Supream striking her down, and while not likely, not entirely impossable! The court may likely declare it stands as is, or passes it off on to the 9th in order to retain power in the state! Like I said before, we gotta watch Bloody Kate closely!

I posted this on the counter attack thread, but thought that anyone that hasn't seen it would benefit - its not over till its over:

Portland Tribune quoted Reverend Knutson on Initiative 43 - "Our goal is to collect 100,000 signatures in one day," Knutson said.

The only way they could collect that many signatures in one day is if they already had the people lined up and listed as wanting to sign. This seems to be an illegal move to gather signatures. The signatures are technically already gathered. It would be wise to keep an eye on them and report any questionable signature gathering. If they have a list of names and contact information prior to being certified, they are busted

Well....... they got the go ahead to collect Signatures. So I guess they can. Not saying it's right but it's happened.
Perhaps my understanding was wrong, but I understood they couldn't collect signatures until after the appeal date which is June 7...

Well, we all know politics and politicians in this state are as crooked as a dogwood tree, so nothing surprises me. Sad part is, if this makes it to the ballot, in this state it'll pass, because our side doesn't seem to be too motivated to stop it, based upon the primary turnout...

Perhaps we just need to take the physical battle to Salem and forcibly remove the tyrants... Every last one of them...

They are unlikely to prevail in this case, but it does illustrate exactly what these people are, and how they think. :rolleyes:

If they get it on the ballot, it will most likely pass. The title is misleading and prejudicial. WHO would not be against "Assault" weapons!! Should be "Prohibits common semi-automatic firearms". If this fails, we will still be facing it over and over in coming months and years. Time to get a decision from the SC, once and for all.

The biggest problem is as they get more publicity as an assault weapon ban, no matter what the title says, most people will automatically think this is the assault weapon ban. The new title would have to be completely on our side - Most semi-automatic guns and standard capacity magazines, gun confiscation, registration, felony, etc.

We will have to advertise and get the word out that this initiative has very little to do with an "Assault Weapon Ban" and "Large Capacity Magazines."

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews